Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2017, 05:21 PM   #1

Slideout not closing

Looking for anyone who can help me with manual retraction of the main cabin Slideout in 3170ds sunseeker. I am getting activity to the slide-at least it's making noise but doesn't sound like the slide is engaging and is stuck out about a foot. I don't know where or how to access the manual system so I can at least get it in so I can drive for service.thanks everybody.
beachbum107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 05:46 PM   #2
Weekender

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbum107 View Post
Looking for anyone who can help me with manual retraction of the main cabin Slideout in 3170ds sunseeker. I am getting activity to the slide-at least it's making noise but doesn't sound like the slide is engaging and is stuck out about a foot. I don't know where or how to access the manual system so I can at least get it in so I can drive for service.thanks everybody.
There is another thread on this post entitled 'Schwintek slide motor twisting'. It has a very good explanation of the slide operation, instruction manual and photos. Try searching under Sunseeker for the above title. The thread ran about 6 months ago.
Ford1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 11:34 PM   #3

Forest river and also Lippert have apps you can download manuals looks very helpful to me
Smcgregor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 03:34 AM   #4
Road Trippin

My rear slide in the bed area on my 3011 just decided it didn't want to go in on one side. One side would try to go in the other wouldn't move. A red bar lit up the rear slide control on the control panel. I was able to push mine in from the ouside, Slowly. It would go in about an inch them stop. I then went back in the coach and attempted to extend it slightly then bring it back in till it stopped. Then back outside to push again

Repeated this for about 30 minutes till I finally got it in all the way. Called a local repair place that does warranty work on forest rivers and made an appointment. What a damn hassle. 2017, brand new coach. Owell
pismolocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 09:16 PM   #5

Slideout not closing

First, check under the slide box on the inside for any obstructions. Loose bolts, nuts, etc.
In the compartment next to the generator is a nut in the overhead inside the compartment. I think it is a 5/8". This nut operates the gear box. Use a socket driver to operate the gear box. If it does not move, you could have a broken shear pin in the gear box or a broken roll pin under the couch that connects the left and right gears.
I have experienced a pin shear in the gearbox but, the slide was making a different noise so, I stopped and brought it back in. I have never brought the slide in manually.
Keep us informed.
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 09:33 PM   #6

Here are a couple of pictures from the owners manual. Hope they help
The manual is available at swintek' web site.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1366.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	154606   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1365.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	348.5 KB
ID:	154607   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1364.jpg
Views:	180