Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2018, 08:34 PM   #1

Slideout reset module

Have a Forester 2251. I have studied the manuals on how to reset the slide if it quits. Even found the module to reset, no easy thing to find. Has anyone had to get to the module on the 2251 or Sunseeker 2250 to reset it, or anyone have an idea how to get to it short of ripping out the 3 draws under the wardrobe? Thanks.
dumboatt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 09:13 PM   #2

I guess that box is like the One Control box, meaning they seem to be placed in multiple locations with no particular reason for being there. My slide control is under the oven but easily accessible by removing the four screws holding the lower wood trim in place.
Old 11-02-2018, 06:49 AM   #3

Dumboatt2, I am working on just finding my controllers for the slides on my 2501TS. I have three of the Lippert slide outs. Please confirm that I will have to find a separate controller for each of the slide outs. I have the picture from the Lippert site of the controller, but, have yet to lay eyes on it.

I think as a public service I will try to completely map my 2018 2501TS for circuit breakers, fuses, controllers, relays, resets etc. I am not skilled, but, at 68, I have a certain amount of stubbornness that can be substituted for skill.

Please confirm that I will have 3 controllers if I have 3 slides (TS = Triple slide).

v/r rch
RHOUSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 04:38 PM   #4

We have the one slide so just one module. I cannot say for sure if 3 slides means 3 modules although it makes sense that you would. Sorry I can't give you a better answer.
dumboatt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 06:21 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHOUSER View Post
Please confirm that I will have 3 controllers if I have 3 slides (TS = Triple slide)
You do have one controller for each slide...

We have a 2019 2500TSF. The two controllers for the rear two slides, the bed and closet, are located in the last storage compartment on the passenger side. Open the door and look up and you should see them if your unit was built the same as ours... Since locations change periodically you may not be as lucky as us...

I haven't looked for the controller to the dinette slide out yet. But since it isn't a Schwintek, and can be manually retracted with a socket set, I have not made it a high priority.

Hope this helps...
Old 11-03-2018, 07:41 AM   #6

RedLdr1 (love your call sign), I hadn't even checked to confirm that my 3 slides are Schwintek. I just assumed.....

Going on a controller hunt this morning. You may have given me two out of three already.

Thanks to all who respond to my confusion.

v/r rch
RHOUSER is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forester, slide