Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2018, 05:00 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Green Valley, AZ
Posts: 53
Slides & Awning missing from OneControl

Just came back from RV storage ... bad news for me. The awning and both slides are totally missing on my OneControl. Same on my phone app as on the control panels.
Started the generator via phone app. When I went to shut generator off, there was a different GUI for the generator. It showed a portable generator! This may have been caused by my ďrebooting ď the control panel.
Tomorrow, I will have to bring the RV home to troubleshoot the various issues. As a handicapped person, this will not be quick. At least i noticed the issues before we leave on a trip.
Psadave46
2018 Forester 3011 purchased Aug. 28,2017
Psadave46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 05:13 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
SeaDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Idaho
Posts: 11,314
Apps and such are convenient and make life easy until they don't work, I hope you get it figured out.
__________________
Retired Navy
Jake my sidekick (yellow Lab) 10/04 - 05/20
2017 RAM 2500 CC 4X4 Cummins Diesel
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 05:48 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: California
Posts: 73
Please forgive me if this is obvious assumption but is the ignition on or running? It is a safety feature so slide and awning donít accidentally open while vehicle is moving. Slide and awning do not shoe if vehicle is on and running.
__________________
2018 Forester 2421MSF
2018 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 (TOAD)
2 Hairless Cats
Golden Doodle
Chocolate Lab
firemech2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 08:25 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: SW PA
Posts: 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemech2 View Post
Please forgive me if this is obvious assumption but is the ignition on or running? It is a safety feature so slide and awning donít accidentally open while vehicle is moving. Slide and awning do not shoe if vehicle is on and running.
Firemech2 is correct. Make sure ignition is off. Generator icon sounds like the same one I see on mine.
__________________


2021 Newmar Baystar 3401
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk toad
2017.5 Forester 3051S Traded 7/2020
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 10:37 AM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Green Valley, AZ
Posts: 53
Jokes on me, Duh!

Yes, the engine WAS running. I guess I just never noticed that the awning and slides donít appear in the GUI when the engine is running. On my coach, the levelers only work if the engine IS running. I know that is the opposite of normal for a forester.
My wife says to tell Captain Obvious - Thank You!
Thank You so much.

Maybe I can turn this into another positive:
1. Does anyone have pictures of the components on the CanBus in their RV?
2. Where are the components located?
3. Where is the Terminator?
4. What is the start of the canbus and where is it?

Again, many Thanks for your quick reply, I just never noticed the motion icons were gone when the ignition was on. I was about to get out the O scope.
Psadave46
Psadave46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 10:51 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: SW PA
Posts: 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psadave46 View Post
Yes, the engine WAS running. I guess I just never noticed that the awning and slides donít appear in the GUI when the engine is running. On my coach, the levelers only work if the engine IS running. I know that is the opposite of normal for a forester.
My wife says to tell Captain Obvious - Thank You!
Thank You so much.

Maybe I can turn this into another positive:
1. Does anyone have pictures of the components on the CanBus in their RV?
2. Where are the components located?
3. Where is the Terminator?
4. What is the start of the canbus and where is it?

Again, many Thanks for your quick reply, I just never noticed the motion icons were gone when the ignition was on. I was about to get out the O scope.
Psadave46
Some of what you are looking for is in this thread in my post #36
Location of the components will be different in your 3011 vs my 3051.
Are your levelers Bigfoot or LCI?
__________________


2021 Newmar Baystar 3401
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk toad
2017.5 Forester 3051S Traded 7/2020
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 04:41 PM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Green Valley, AZ
Posts: 53
LCI levelors

My levelors are LCI. From day one, they donít work unless ignition is ON.
Psadave46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 06:28 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: SW PA
Posts: 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psadave46 View Post
My levelors are LCI. From day one, they donít work unless ignition is ON.
I was suspecting that. I have the Bigfoot and they work opposite.
__________________


2021 Newmar Baystar 3401
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk toad
2017.5 Forester 3051S Traded 7/2020
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 09:49 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: NJ
Posts: 368
Just out of interest what makes your 3051S a 17.5?
__________________
2019 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV
2019 F-150 3.5 EB SCREW Max Tow - 1797 payload
s1njin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 03:22 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: SW PA
Posts: 854
The early 17’s did not have the MyRV sytem. And a handful, of other changes that were in the late 17’s.
__________________


2021 Newmar Baystar 3401
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk toad
2017.5 Forester 3051S Traded 7/2020
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 03:24 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: NJ
Posts: 368
Ah. So then I too will have a 17.5 assuming everything works out on Saturday.
__________________
2019 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV
2019 F-150 3.5 EB SCREW Max Tow - 1797 payload
s1njin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 03:44 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: SW PA
Posts: 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1njin View Post
Ah. So then I too will have a 17.5 assuming everything works out on Saturday.
Yes you will. Good luck!
__________________


2021 Newmar Baystar 3401
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk toad
2017.5 Forester 3051S Traded 7/2020
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
awning, slide

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 PM.