Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2019, 04:51 PM   #1

Solera awning recall

Has anyone had problems with the recall for Solera awning on the smart arm controller. It failed due to water intrusion. I received the recall 6 months ago and had the new updated module installed. Just got back from the dealer I don't see how the new module is going to prevent the problem from happening again? Water runs down the wires into the connector and the pins on the controller and connector corrode and 2 pins break off. The wiring harnesses itself has lots of corrosion in it too. Dealership didn’t have a new switch and now I need the harness. Will have to go back 120 miles when parts are available. RV is 1 year old Forester 2801 and I can’t use the awning, last year it was my gray tank and bedroom lights not working. So much for the recall?
Rick. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 05:51 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick. View Post
Has anyone had problems with the recall for Solera awning on the smart arm controller. It failed due to water intrusion. I received the recall 6 months ago and had the new updated module installed. Just got back from the dealer I don't see how the new module is going to prevent the problem from happening again? Water runs down the wires into the connector and the pins on the controller and connector corrode and 2 pins break off. The wiring harnesses itself has lots of corrosion in it too. Dealership didn’t have a new switch and now I need the harness. Will have to go back 120 miles when parts are available. RV is 1 year old Forester 2801 and I can’t use the awning, last year it was my gray tank and bedroom lights not working. So much for the recall?
Previous posts here showed the recall included applying a large amount of silicone to the connector for waterproofing.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 06:32 PM   #3

That probably would have helped but the dealership did the recall work and I’m in shock on how it was done. I’m telling you they put nothing on it.
Rick. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, forester, recall, solera