Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2020, 08:52 AM   #1

Sony Upgrade Issue

Ok, I am an electronic geek, so with that said, there is an upgrade available for the in-dash Sony radio. I followed the instructions and it did not work. I was on the phone with Sony tech support and they confirmed that I may have a bad unit (Although it functions it will not upgrade). They need the serial number. It does not seem too difficult to remove and replace the unit myself - Just wondering if anyone else has done this?
WVrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 09:40 AM   #2

Sony Upgrade Issue

Eager to learn more about your rig (year and model not seen in your bio) and Sony head unit (including any symptoms or issues the upgrade was supposed to address) to determine if it might be beneficial to look into the Sony head unit in our 2020 3011DSF.

Inquiring minds… Wondering how you learned of the possible update to the Sony. A link to any reference material online would be truly helpful for those of us who may not be as technically engaged. Thanks for any insight you can offer.
Old 08-19-2020, 09:48 AM   #3

Just go to the Sony site - automotive audio.
Old 08-19-2020, 11:27 AM   #4

My rig is 2020 3011DSF with Trekker Cap
Old 08-19-2020, 12:12 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVrich View Post
Just go to the Sony site - automotive audio.
I went there and didn’t immediately see anything about an upgrade. Is there anything else you can tell us? What does the upgrade do, or what problem does it address?
Old 08-19-2020, 02:14 PM   #6

I have the head unit out of my 2015 Forester E-450 right now, I installed a Pioneer NEX to replace the original Jensen but unfortunately it went dead and I’m waiting for the verdict after being sent in for warranty work.
The dash pops off pretty easily but to be able to remove it completely to get enough clearance to remove the deck you have to lower the steering column. There are four nuts, I removed the rear two and loosened the front two. I also removed the drivers kick panel and engine cover for easier access.
Depending on how much clearance you need you might have to disconnect the climate controls on the dash as well. The deck itself is just four screws.
Tombsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 11:26 AM   #7

*Ping*

Is there any additional information that has come to light?
Old 08-26-2020, 06:59 PM   #8

https://www.sony.com/electronics/sup...ies/xav-ax8000

This is the file that does not seem to work on my unit. I think they have a corrupt file.

Tags
upgrade