Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2017, 06:56 AM   #21
Road Trippin

Just saw this post but am not at my RV at the moment. I have a 2017 Forest river Forester 3011. Have the Jensen radio mounted over the coach door and the furon TV mounted over the counter facing the couch.

I have figured out how to switch the radio to play the TV through the coach speakers. Rewiring or connecting new cables shouldn't be necessary. I always play regular TV stations and DVDs through the coach surround sound. Have not made any changes.

I will check this post on Sunday when I am back at my RV and if no one else has posted how to do this by then I will give a detailed explanation on what buttons to push and how to set the TV to play through the speakers. I need to be at my RV so I can walk myself through it as I type it out.
pismolocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 12:58 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by pismolocal View Post
Just saw this post but am not at my RV at the moment. I have a 2017 Forest river Forester 3011. Have the Jensen radio mounted over the coach door and the furon TV mounted over the counter facing the couch.

I have figured out how to switch the radio to play the TV through the coach speakers. Rewiring or connecting new cables shouldn't be necessary. I always play regular TV stations and DVDs through the coach surround sound. Have not made any changes.

I will check this post on Sunday when I am back at my RV and if no one else has posted how to do this by then I will give a detailed explanation on what buttons to push and how to set the TV to play through the speakers. I need to be at my RV so I can walk myself through it as I type it out.

Please post!!! Thank you!!!
WhittenRVFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 01:04 PM   #23

Thumbs up

thank you guys so much. We are/were having the same issue, so really appreciate all this information.

2017 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS Solid Surface "Belle"
2010 Ford F150
"Life is Better in the Outdoors"
Days Camped 2016 - 28 days
Days Camped 2017 22days w/lots more planned
stoppercamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 08:20 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netgain View Post
The air conditioner does make it hard to hear the tv!
I haven't played a dvd on ours to check the surround sound but it does work when watching tv.
The Jensen mode switch must be set on HDMI ARC and tv speakers off. Sometimes mine does all of this automatically when I turn on the tv. Other times I have to do it myself.
I also haven't tried to get outside tv sound on the outside speakers but it would be nice if possible.
I have to be sure the B speaker switch (outside speakers) is off when running any sound through the Jensen so my neighbors don't have to listen to it.
The C speaker switch doesn't seem to do anything.
Our living room has a smart TV. We were at a campground over the weekend with excellent wi-fi and streamed Netflix and Amazon during our wind-down day of a 3 week trip.
Interesting as I have the same problem. I will check this out. Thanks for the tip. Very hard to hear the tv when the ac is on. The surround speakers in the ceiling would definitely solve this problem.
Retired BTC USN
Chesapeake, Virginia
charles l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 08:23 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by newRVer View Post
The "C" switch turns on/off the subwoofer in our 3011. The sub is located inside the U seat next to the sofa. Someday I'll have to redo that config as the bench side panel makes a lot of vibration noise when you turn up the volume. In my case you can see the sub if you remove the drawer in the bottom of the bench.
The C switch in my sunseeker does nothing. I don't believe I have a subwoofer. Where would it be located? I sure would like to add one.
Retired BTC USN
Chesapeake, Virginia
charles l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 10:01 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles l View Post
The C switch in my sunseeker does nothing. I don't believe I have a subwoofer. Where would it be located? I sure would like to add one.
In our 3011 it's here >"The sub is located inside the U seat next to the sofa." It might have been an option but really don't remember.
newRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 05:48 PM   #27
Road Trippin

Here's how I got mine to work in my 3011:

Turn radio on

Make sure "speaker A" is the only one on.

Set mode display until you get to HDMI ARC

Turn TV on and do a search for channels.

Make sure the TV button is pushed on your TV remote. The button at top of remote next to stereo.

You should be able to control the power and volume now on both the TV and the radio.

If you leave the radio on HDMI ARC you will always hear the TV in the coach speakers when you turn on the TV.

Hope this works for you, it's how mine is set up. Click image for larger version

Name:	1504738259501.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	227.8 KB
ID:	150803
Old 09-06-2017, 09:16 PM   #28

Thank You!

So cool, Thanks.
Psadave46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 05:58 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by pismolocal View Post
Here's how I got mine to work in my 3011:

Turn radio on

Make sure "speaker A" is the only one on.

Set mode display until you get to HDMI ARC

Turn TV on and do a search for channels.

Make sure the TV button is pushed on your TV remote. The button at top of remote next to stereo.

You should be able to control the power and volume now on both the TV and the radio.

If you leave the radio on HDMI ARC you will always hear the TV in the coach speakers when you turn on the TV.

Hope this works for you, it's how mine is set up. Attachment 150803

How did you sync your TV remote to your Jensen system? That's a step I am stuck at...Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1140.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	214.2 KB
ID:	150894Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1139.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	332.4 KB
ID:	150895
Old 09-07-2017, 10:05 PM   #30
Road Trippin

I'm not using the Jensen remote. I use the remote that came with my furion TV
Old 09-07-2017, 10:06 PM   #31
Road Trippin

The TV remote synced when I had the HDMI ARC on
Old 09-08-2017, 09:39 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhittenRVFun View Post
How did you sync your TV remote to your Jensen system? That's a step I am stuck at...Attachment 150894Attachment 150895
In my setup if you press DVD on the TV remote the controls on the TV remote will operate the Jensen Radio/DVD player. To have it operate the TV. just press TV again.
newRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 07:43 AM   #33

Ive communicated with Jensen - my HDMI ARC cable running from the tv into the system may not be attached. [emoji21] another fun project of pullling out the system. I'm going to figure this out.
Old 09-09-2017, 08:59 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhittenRVFun View Post
Ive communicated with Jensen - my HDMI ARC cable running from the tv into the system may not be attached. [emoji21] another fun project of pullling out the system. I'm going to figure this out.
You may also want to check to see if there are 2 HDMI ports on your TV and change the cable to the other port if there are. There have been some here on the forums in the past in which that was the issue and just changing the cable to the other open port corrected their problem.
HopHed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 09:10 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopHed View Post
You may also want to check to see if there are 2 HDMI ports on your TV and change the cable to the other port if there are. There have been some here on the forums in the past in which that was the issue and just changing the cable to the other open port corrected their problem.

Wait? What?!? Ok!!! Ohhhhh I hope that's the case ...
Old 09-09-2017, 02:34 PM   #36

Dang! I was ready to mark this as my most FAVORITE POST OF ALL TIME but, unfortunately, it's not working for me.

I followed Pismo's instructions and the TV's remote now controls the volume level on the Jensen. However, there's no sound through the TV or ceiling speakers. Mute is not on.

Popping a DVD into the Jensen plays the DVD on the Furrion TV and the sound comes out of the ceiling speakers.

I'm open to suggestions!
Old 09-09-2017, 03:11 PM   #37

If it's not a user setup/use error, then trace the tv out cables to the switch and/or head unit. My last unit didn't have the cable at all, so I just added it myself.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 05:28 PM   #38

NMWildcat,

Wouldn't the DVD playing correctly indicate that the RV has the correct cable?
Old 09-09-2017, 05:50 PM   #39

If the DVD is the built in one in the Jensen head unit, then no. It's built in directly to the sound system. I'm assuming you have switch somewhere that allows you to plug in stand alone devices such as satellite TV receivers or blue ray player? I would try running a cable from the TV audio out jack to this switch just to test it out.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 06:36 PM   #40

Here is the answer as to why some have surround sound only on the DVD and not direct from the TV.

If your TV HDMI input does not indicate "ARC" or HDMI ARC" you will not get sound through the surround sound without audio cables. ARC stands for Audio Return Channel.

I have the Jensen TV and Head Unit. My input on my TV clearly says HDMI ARC so when I put the Head Unit on HDMI ARC my TV will play sound through the surround sound speakers through the Jensen Head Unit.

If your TV, whether it be Jensen, Furion or any other model, if the HDMI input does not say ARC the sound will not go through the head unit. The Jensen manual notes the TV must have ARC function.

Hope this clears things up.
HopHed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvd