Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2017, 03:53 PM   #1

Stabilizer Jacks on sunseeker 2430 GTS

Anyone know of or have installed rear stabilizer jacks on their Sunseeker Class c
fritzg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 06:05 PM   #2
Site Team

According to the current brochure only the MBS has the two point system as a FR option. The four point system is offered as an option on the E-450 chassis and Chevy. But in case that has changed, or you are looking at aftermarket systems, here is my experience:

I had the optional rear stabilizer jacks on our M-B "W". They were not worth the money IMHO. The two major issues were:

1. They were located to far forward from the rear bumper. This left several feet of the rear overhang unsupported....like the shower. More on that in a minute...
2. They were located to far inward towards the coach center line. This caused side to side sway.

Because of the jacks location I could hop in the shower and have the coach "rocking and rolling" just about as much with the rear stabilizers deployed as without deploying them.

In fairness since you have a Ford E-450 those issues may not apply at all due to a totally different chassis and jack location layout.

My question is why only get rear stabilizers when you can get a four point leveling system? Our GTS has the four point Bigfoot leveling system as a FR option and it works great! I'll never have another motor home without a four point leveling system.

Your results may vary...But I'd check them out before buying them to see if you have the same issues I did...
RedLdr1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 08:15 AM   #3

sunseeker 2430 stabilizing jacks

Can they be installed as aftermarket? if so, about at what cost?
Jimmyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 09:07 AM   #4

Bigfoot four point auto leveling system can be installed aftermarket. When ordering your coach it's about a $3000 msrp upgrade from FR which equates to maybe an extra $2300 purchase price give or take. From what others have said on the forums to have it installed aftermarket you will be looking at about $5000.
sgtlm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 06:32 AM   #5

sunssker 2430 stabilizing jacks

Is there any other option rather than the expensive Bigfoot system
Jimmyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:16 AM   #6
Site Team

If you want a leveling system Equalizer Systems is a competitor to Bigfoot. I don't see any real price differences...

The least expensive, easiest way to do a leveling system is probably as a FR factory option.
RedLdr1 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks, sunseeker