Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2024, 09:43 PM   #1

Stinky air

Is there an air filter in the front of the cab that can be replaced. It smells like a full vacuum cleaner that hasn't been cleaned in a Ling time?
LisaLesage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2024, 05:21 AM   #2

Someone will hopefully be along but first what year is your ?? Forester or Sunseeker and is it a Ford Chevy, MB ??? Are you talking about a chassis cabin air filter or for the living portion??

The chassis may have an air filter, (in the dash) the AC has an air filter not knowing of another but someone else will verify.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2024, 06:55 AM   #3
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaLesage View Post
Is there an air filter in the front of the cab that can be replaced. It smells like a full vacuum cleaner that hasn't been cleaned in a Ling time?
Lisa…..as you can see in our signatures so far, it really helps if you provide the details of your rig, so we can help better. At this time, no one really knows what the details are for your rig.

That said, and if we assume your motorhome is on a Ford E350 or E450 chassis, I can tell you that with our 2017 Ford E450, there is NO cabin filter in the chassis cab. I’m not sure if Ford even changed that in the newer model years.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport with 6 speed Triton V-10
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2024, 09:05 AM   #4

Oh crap. 2004 sinseeker LE. E450 on a Ford chassis. I was thinking it may be in the dog house part of cab
LisaLesage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 06:38 PM   #5
Site Team

I doubt there is any cabin air filter in the system. The good news is there is a fairly easy fix outlined in this article from Consumer Reports. See Here I've flushed classic car A/C's units using this method and it can take a couple rounds to clean out and kill the musty odor.

TOAD: 2024 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2 Door, 2.7L EcoBoost, 10 Speed Automatic, 334A Luxury Package, Leather Seats, Blue Ox and RVi Flat Tow Equipment.
RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote