Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2017, 08:58 PM   #1

Storage behind living room tv 3011d

We have a 3011d, 2014 is there storage behind the TV . If so hove do we access it
dcolby57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 10:25 PM   #2

There is storage behind the TV, You just have to pull on the bottom of the TV, it is hinged at the top
No-Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 10:28 PM   #3

Great ty
dcolby57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 10:37 PM   #4

I guess you also know there is storage behind the bedroom TV, unless the TV's have been swapped out, they are 12 volt...Ive got the same modle rv, except mine is a 2016, if you have the outside tv is also opens up
just some added info,

have fun on the road , be safe
Old 08-26-2017, 10:36 PM   #5

We have a 2016 3011 and it is NOT hinged. According to FR there is no storage behind the front TV (front entertainment center). To get behind it you have to take off the trim that surrounds the set and then can access the TV to get behind it. You probably would do this if you wanted to add an HDMI cable or something but not for storage. I haven't bothered.

Everyone is good at something... I happen to be a good bad example.
Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 10:49 PM   #6

I misunderstood the OP, Ive got the 2016, 3011 that has the overhead bunk, the TV is mounted on the wall across from the couch.....
Old 09-04-2017, 06:55 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcolby57 View Post
We have a 3011d, 2014 is there storage behind the TV . If so hove do we access it

I have a 2016 3011DS. I have the entertainment center with the TV in the middle which I put on a double hinged arm which I mounted to the metal supports. Not only do you have access to space in the back, you can move the TV for better viewing from the recliners. I don't use the area for storage because of the difficulty getting around the TV to get to the area. If you don't mind being a bit of a contoursionist (wow 1st time I've ever used that word), you can use it for storage. I would not put much weight up there though. Maybe just blankets and pillows.
Edrps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:42 PM   #8

Just to clarify or possibly confuse things a little more. I don't think there was storage behind the main TV (located across from the couch) on the 3011DS until the 2015 models. There may have been some 2014 units that got a storage door because of rolling changes on the production line but when I was shopping back in 2014 the models we looked at didn't have the storage behind the main TV, it was just mounted to a wood panel.

As for the bedroom TV, my memory is a little less sure. It may have been hinged with access to the space behind it but I feel like the door wasn't added until 2015 in the bedroom either.

I know our 2015 has both TVs mounted to doors that open and allow use of the space behind the TVs. The main TV lifts up and has struts to support it and the bedroom TV swings out to the side.

I would guess there is a way to access the open space behind the TVs if they aren't already hinged and set up with shelves for storage. You could probably remove the TV and the panel it is mounted to and upgrade it yourself by adding hinges and struts to the front TV and hinges and a handle to the bedroom TV.
Old 10-26-2017, 05:45 PM   #9
BEFUDDELED MEMBER

I bought the FR TV bracket and upgraded TV/ storage myself. I also did similar to bedroom TV and used piano hinge on rt side of TV panel to access storage behind bedroom TV. I ran HDMI, computer vga, and a usb cable to big TV. I put a rocker inline on/ off switch 12vdc to TV. You will also see my solar system wiring through shelves.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...lbums2778.html
Viet combat vet USNR, DAV, VFW, CCL. SASS
shooter2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo, storage