Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2019, 01:29 PM   #1
Sunseeker 2400MBW
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Everywhere, USA
Posts: 547
suction cup caddies for the shower

Has anyone used those suction cup caddies in the shower? If so, do they stay up?



I have outgrown the shelves and wonder about these things sticking to the textured wall.



I know, I know, I could do a search...... I don't like searching.
__________________

__________________
Full time 2016 Sunseeker 2400WS towing a 2018 Subaru Forester.
Nancyc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 01:43 PM   #2
Pickin', Campin', Mason
 
5picker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: South Western PA
Posts: 12,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyc7 View Post
Has anyone used those suction cup caddies in the shower? If so, do they stay up?



I have outgrown the shelves and wonder about these things sticking to the textured wall.



I know, I know, I could do a search...... I don't like searching.
No.. suction cups won't stick to textured surfaces.

Some folks have reported good luck with the 3M© Command Strips but they didn't work for us.

I used RV ProFlex© sealant and 'glued" the suction cups to the shower wall.
__________________

__________________
_________________________________________
2016 Flagstaff 8529IKBS Diamond Package 5th Wheel-Goodyear Endurance Tires
2017 Ford F-Series SCREW 4x4 - Factory Puck B&W Companion
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '17=30 '18=51 '19=58 '20=83
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 01:50 PM   #3
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Yuma, Arizona
Posts: 3,882
They stay on the shower glass for maybe a day...or until the next bump in the road!

As for the Command stick-ons...

They worked well in my previous TT (2013 model), but won't stay stuck to the wall in my 5'ver, plus they mess up the wallpaper.
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 02:06 PM   #4
RV There Yet?
 
IsleDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Winona, MN
Posts: 753
3M has a few different kinds of Command strips. Two of them are rated for outdoor/wet use. We use them (both outdoor and wet locations) with great success! pick the right one for the right application and you should be good to go. we do not travel with the caddy loaded.

https://www.command.com/3M/en_US/com...3786499&rt=rud
__________________
2018 17RP
2009 Crew Cab King Ranch F150 "Goose"
IsleDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 06:52 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: eastern NC
Posts: 1,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyc7 View Post
Has anyone used those suction cup caddies in the shower? If so, do they stay up? .....

We don't use the caddies, but do use the suction cup shower head holders, and they work good for the way we use them. ... Our shower head was mounted way too high for us, almost touching the ceiling. I wanted to use the suction cup holders, but first needed a flat smooth surface to attach them to. I used a piece cut from a 5" vinyl post, installed it and it works great for the suction cups. We like this idea, because we can both have the shower at a height that is comfortable for each of us. The cups do let go eventually, 6 to 8 months, I rinse them with hot water to soften them and then reattach. I would not use suction cups to hold anything with any weight to it, when ours lets go, there's no harm at all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0574.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	179.1 KB
ID:	195949  
__________________


fella10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 01:59 PM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Crowley, Texas
Posts: 96
I used Velcro strips to attach the caddy to the shower wall but we haven't taken a trip since doing it. Will have to see it it holds or not.
LannyCox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 02:21 PM   #7
Chris and Cecil
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Fleahop, Alabama
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleDog View Post
3M has a few different kinds of Command strips. Two of them are rated for outdoor/wet use. We use them (both outdoor and wet locations) with great success! pick the right one for the right application and you should be good to go. we do not travel with the caddy loaded.

https://www.command.com/3M/en_US/com...3786499&rt=rud
We use the ones specifically for wet areas (you can tell because they are blue for the wall adhesive backing instead of black) and they work great - 2 hooks for wash cloths, a soap holder, and a caddy...and we DO travel with the caddy loaded with 2 kinds of shampoo and our squeegee. Our walls are vinyl bead board and I hung them on the flat parts. Haven't tried to hang on the textured areas. If you only have textured areas, may not work but give 'em a try.
__________________
Dentist said I needed a crown.
I was, like, I know!

2018 Flagstaff Microlite 25FKS
2017 Dodge Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
Alabama Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 04:02 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Delco Bobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Media, PA
Posts: 2,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by fella10 View Post
We don't use the caddies, but do use the suction cup shower head holders, and they work good for the way we use them. ... Our shower head was mounted way too high for us, almost touching the ceiling. I wanted to use the suction cup holders, but first needed a flat smooth surface to attach them to. I used a piece cut from a 5" vinyl post, installed it and it works great for the suction cups. We like this idea, because we can both have the shower at a height that is comfortable for each of us. The cups do let go eventually, 6 to 8 months, I rinse them with hot water to soften them and then reattach. I would not use suction cups to hold anything with any weight to it, when ours lets go, there's no harm at all.
Good idea using the vinyl post piece. Suction cups and the 3M products didnít work for me.
__________________
2017 Dynamax REV 24RB
2018 Ford F-150

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 06:08 PM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Moseley, VA
Posts: 14
I agree with IsleDog. I have 2 of the 3M shower caddies in mine and they work great. Just read and follow the written installation instructions.
__________________
2018 Newmar Ventana 4308 - 2018 Ford F150 Toad
2014 Winnebago Forza 34T - 2017 Toyota Corolla Toad - Traded
2015 Lacrosse 324RST - Totaled
Embstitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 06:47 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Delco Bobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Media, PA
Posts: 2,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Embstitcher View Post
I agree with IsleDog. I have 2 of the 3M shower caddies in mine and they work great. Just read and follow the written installation instructions.
FWIW, I have been using the 3M products for many years both at home and at work with good results. I have a couple of hooks in my stall shower at home for maybe 10 years.

I donít know why but they only adhere on the walls or in the shower in the RV for short periods of time. I always clean the surfaces with alcohol before mounting the hooks.
__________________
2017 Dynamax REV 24RB
2018 Ford F-150

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 07:51 PM   #11
Erinn
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: GORGEOUS Three Rivers, Central Oregon
Posts: 134
Rather than suction cups, I highly recommend clear shower dispensers, avail at Amazon. A bit pricy (mine were ~$35 for 3), but they look really nice, are super easy to re-fill, & dispense a perfect amount w/the push of a button. You can buy 1, or up to a set of 4 & they come w/nice labels (shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, etc.) -The "dispenser" part holds about 10 oz, & simply slides upwards, to remove, or dry around. We've had ours for ~a year & they still look like new!

amazon.com/Better-Living-Products-76335-1-Dispenser/dp/B000FGCW0A/ref=pd_rhf_ee_s_rp_0_8?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B000 FGCW0A&pd_rd_r=fa375904-a38d-42bd-9536-a5d77878174e&pd_rd_w=xvdEd&pd_rd_wg=yQ3Bt&pf_rd_p= 3c151128-0cf3-4938-833b-
SunseekerFunseekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 08:13 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Delco Bobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Media, PA
Posts: 2,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunseekerFunseekers View Post
Rather than suction cups, I highly recommend clear shower dispensers, avail at Amazon. A bit pricy (mine were ~$35 for 3), but they look really nice, are super easy to re-fill, & dispense a perfect amount w/the push of a button. You can buy 1, or up to a set of 4 & they come w/nice labels (shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, etc.) -The "dispenser" part holds about 10 oz, & simply slides upwards, to remove, or dry around. We've had ours for ~a year & they still look like new!

amazon.com/Better-Living-Products-76335-1-Dispenser/dp/B000FGCW0A/ref=pd_rhf_ee_s_rp_0_8?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B000 FGCW0A&pd_rd_r=fa375904-a38d-42bd-9536-a5d77878174e&pd_rd_w=xvdEd&pd_rd_wg=yQ3Bt&pf_rd_p= 3c151128-0cf3-4938-833b-

I was in the gym business for about 20 years. We switched to this type of soap dispenser from bar soap. Huge improvement. Very easy and convenient.

I am not sure how the products in the dispenser will be after long periods of non use. Depending on the soap or whatever some can get somewhat yucky if not used for months.
__________________
2017 Dynamax REV 24RB
2018 Ford F-150

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 08:31 PM   #13
Erinn
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: GORGEOUS Three Rivers, Central Oregon
Posts: 134
Funny you mention the soap getting yucky, Bob. Ours did get really strange looking after prob almost freezing in our motor home, but they were all just fine, once "thawed out." HOWEVER... I only keep shampoo, conditioner, shower gel & hand sanitizer in mine though, no real "liquid soap" perce...
SunseekerFunseekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 09:55 PM   #14
Sunseeker 2400MBW
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Everywhere, USA
Posts: 547
fella10, that's beautiful!



My husband feels very free to drill screws and put pop rivets in the walls, but gluing some suction cups to the wall is too much for him. The shower is 99% "textured".



I might wait til I can get a giant suction cup from Harbor Freight and a tiny caddy from Ikea, stick it to the shower glass.There is really very little room in that shower and we aren't big people.



Thanks for the ideas everyone.
__________________

__________________
Full time 2016 Sunseeker 2400WS towing a 2018 Subaru Forester.
Nancyc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
saunseeker, show, shower, sunseeker

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:32 PM.


×