Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2016, 02:12 PM   #21

Nice sofa !
Old 04-05-2016, 03:21 PM   #22

Gotta get ours out in the sunshine too!

So many cool mods. I'll show the OP's pics of the recliners mod to my wife... we might purge the dinette & go this route, though we do like having storage under the benches. If we stick with the dinette, I'd like to mod them so that access is from under the cushion rather than having the drawers. There's lots of space under there, less than 50% is available in the drawers. The drawer fronts could be doors.
Old 04-05-2016, 03:22 PM   #23
2015 Sunseeker 2300

we have huge storage under the sofa the front pulls down
Gingsnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 03:31 PM   #24

Bruce,I didn't have a problem convincing my DW, she was not a fan of the dinette. She drove me insane while waiting for AND then installing the recliners. Momma's very happy now! If you come to our house,she will drag out to see the Sunseeker, hehe!
Old 04-05-2016, 05:23 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman53 View Post
This is the new grill insert.sunseeker 012.jpg
Looks good.
Next up for me is to EJECT the wheel cover simulators.
I ordered some 1 3/4 inch stainless look trim rings and the factory silver and black center caps.
I am going to paint the wheels black and match my trailer wheels.
Will post up when done. Silver/bleck/silver look on the wheels.
I may have to paint the trim rings silver to match teh center caps if they are too shiny.
No more removing the covers in the rear to check air pressures and no extensions needed.
Old 04-05-2016, 06:05 PM   #26

I still check periodically but have some piece of mind since we added a spare tire on the rear bumper.
Old 04-05-2016, 11:14 PM   #27

Neat idea on the wheels. These are in my shopping cart, ready to order:

I had the small 3/4 bend extensions on the outer duals on our Four Winds, I'll probably use the same on this one. They'll work well with these liners.

Geeman, We'll be right there! (from western Oregon, it'll be a few days...) but it would be great to look at your setup. Pics do justice, tho. We like cloth, so may look at doing something similar to yours with cloth seats. We've had a dinette for years and always been fine with it. This one actually as a bit more room than the one in the Four Winds.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:09 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucemc View Post

I had the small 3/4 bend extensions on the outer duals on our Four Winds, I'll probably use the same on this one. They'll work well with these liners.

You cannot get to the rear inner wheel valve with them on. (unless you have small alien hands).
I have 2 sets to sell on Craiglist- the stockers and a set from Summit.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:11 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman53 View Post
I still check periodically but have some piece of mind since we added a spare tire on the rear bumper.
A spare on the rear bumper is my next ...next project.
I bought a 6 ton jack for the storage already.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:38 AM   #30

I had a method to easily check & maintain the pressures in the Four WInds with the horrid ford wheels. Here's a photo essay on the process: Tools for checking/airing duals Photo Gallery by B-N-Mac at pbase.com

Even with the wheel liners, the process will largely be the same.

I appreciate your comments & will keep that in mind before deciding to order the Pacific Dualies liners.

On the Ford, I had painted the rear hubs black and the wheels a stainless silver. A set of trim rings would have set them off. But... it's no longer mine to deal with!
Old 04-06-2016, 02:35 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Loss View Post
I have 12 ton bottle jack that I kept from our old Heartland fthwheel. It fits in the rear curb side storage ,nicely. Storage is a test fitting process !
Old 04-06-2016, 02:57 PM   #32

Quote:
If you haven't used it, I suggest you return it and get a 12 ton. The "jacking" effort with a 12 ton is very easy compared to a 6 or 8 ton...been there, done that,
Grumpy

2012 Forrest River Lexington 283ts
Toad, 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 04:11 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy0374 View Post
If you haven't used it, I suggest you return it and get a 12 ton. The "jacking" effort with a 12 ton is very easy compared to a 6 or 8 ton...been there, done that,
Grumpy

My whole rig weighs in at under 11k fully loaded.
Figured one corner rear shouldn't be more than 4k.
But I will try it next time it is available now.
I usually carry a 3k floor jack also with a long pipe handle- I can use that handle for leverage if necessary.
Old 04-06-2016, 04:18 PM   #34

Its not that the 6 ton won't handle the weight...it will. Its the amount of the stroke on the 12 ton that is much much easier, especially wjen you are in an awkward position trying to pump the jack.
Trust me on this...I've tried both and a 12 ton is much easier to operate when under the rig and weight is placed on it, and dosen't cost much more.
Grumpy

2012 Forrest River Lexington 283ts
Toad, 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 04:18 PM   #35

Quote:
I had a method to easily check & maintain the pressures in the Four WInds with the horrid ford wheels. Here's a photo essay on the process: Tools for checking/airing duals Photo Gallery by B-N-Mac at pbase.com

Even with the wheel liners, the process will largely be the same.

I appreciate your comments & will keep that in mind before deciding to order the Pacific Dualies liners.

On the Ford, I had painted the rear hubs black and the wheels a stainless silver. A set of trim rings would have set them off. But... it's no longer mine to deal with!
I use one of these.
No extensions (that's how I like it) necessary.

(Sorry about the thread hijack Geeman.)

Old 04-06-2016, 04:21 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy0374 View Post
Its not that the 6 ton won't handle the weight...it will. Its the amount of the stroke on the 12 ton that is much much easier, especially wjen you are in an awkward position trying to pump the jack.
Trust me on this...I've tried both and a 12 ton is much easier to operate when under the rig and weight is placed on it, and dosen't cost much more.
Grumpy
I considered it when I bought it.
I am VERY limited on outside storage on the 2251.
(Same as the 2250)
I am packed now- the 12 ton is considerably larger and heavier if I recall.
Old 04-06-2016, 05:57 PM   #37

Quote:

Geeman, We'll be right there! (from western Oregon, it'll be a few days...) but it would be great to look at your setup. Pics do justice, tho. We like cloth, so may look at doing something similar to yours with cloth seats. We've had a dinette for years and always been fine with it. This one actually as a bit more room than the one in the Four Winds.
I need to be more informed about wheel covers and hub caps. When I was poking around on the web and on eBay I saw lots of offerings for Chevy Express 2500/3500 but not much for the 4500. There were disclaimers in small type stating that the items I was considering were NOT for the 4500 with duel wheels.

So where are people getting hub caps for a 4500. My Chevy dealer wants about $150 for each wheel. The parts guy was afraid to tell me the price.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 09:53 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
I need to be more informed about wheel covers and hub caps. When I was poking around on the web and on eBay I saw lots of offerings for Chevy Express 2500/3500 but not much for the 4500. There were disclaimers in small type stating that the items I was considering were NOT for the 4500 with duel wheels.

So where are people getting hub caps for a 4500. My Chevy dealer wants about $150 for each wheel. The parts guy was afraid to tell me the price.
3500 and 4500 DUALLY- are the same wheel. (16")
A lot of companies do not show the 4500 but they both have the same 16" wheel.
That being said- The ones I ordered from Summit required me to bend the tabs in on the fronts to make them go on and off easier.
I paid $125 a set.
The Pacific Duallies I believe are a little better quality and what a lot of folks use.
I am selling my 2 sets (stockers and Summit aftermarkets) if you are interested- $50 for the Summits- pickup from So Cal only.
Old 04-07-2016, 10:32 AM   #39

Quote:
3500 and 4500 DUALLY- are the same wheel. (16")
A lot of companies do not show the 4500 but they both have the same 16" wheel.
That being said- The ones I ordered from Summit required me to bend the tabs in on the fronts to make them go on and off easier.
I paid $125 a set.
The Pacific Duallies I believe are a little better quality and what a lot of folks use.
I am selling my 2 sets (stockers and Summit aftermarkets) if you are interested- $50 for the Summits- pickup from So Cal only.
Pacific Duallies stainless simulators is what we are running with.
Old 04-08-2016, 05:30 PM   #40

Order placed on Wednesday, the 29-1608 Pacific Dualies arrived today. I was working from home, and while waiting for a database init to load, I decided to monitor the cell while installing the new ones. It's a very nice day out today in the Pacific North-wet, so off to the barn I went with box & cell in hand, naturally!

The hardest part of this task was getting the old ones to pop loose. They were factory installed... and had been there for some time. After removing the old, I verified which 4 nuts needed removing & found the fronts to be a little loose. Once I installed the new liners on on each wheel, I torqued all 8 nuts to 140 Ft lbs per spec.

The Pacific Dualies are very nice, but they could have had a nicer pair of screws to attach the hub covers to the liners. While they are stainless Philips flat-heads, I'll purchase a nice set of stainless pan-head with an allen drive. These are 10mm by about 15mm long (around 1/2 inch).

All in all, a perfect fit!

Naturally, Bruce!

Tags
sunseeker, modifications