Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2015, 07:06 PM   #1

Sunseeker 2300 kitchen window screen

Hi there🙂 Wondering if anyone can tell me how to take the kitchen window screen out and then put it back in-Sunseeker 2300. We popped the screen out easily, but putting it back in was problematic and I don't want to damage the screen the next time.

Thanks for your help!
natashaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 05:41 AM   #2

I had to replace our overhead bunk screen and agree... pretty easy to pop out the frame but getting it in took some patience and gentle wrestling. Good luck. Hopefully someone can chime with more specifics for you.
Old 10-28-2015, 08:44 AM   #3

Thanks Docsdad! I'm hoping one of the FR reps can chime in with some assistance. I would like to periodically take this screen and the others out to clean the inside of the windows.
Old 10-28-2015, 10:37 AM   #4

I'm curious, how did you get them out? Wanted to clean my screens and couldn't get the out. Seemed very tight and worried that I would break them.

Forester 2451s
Old 10-28-2015, 04:00 PM   #5

Hi Wandering,

We got the screen out by playing around with it and it popped out. Putting it back in was the challenging part. We tried to be as gentle as we could but the channel ends up bending. I would probably only be able to do this 2-3 more times before something breaks. It seems like a very bad design. Hopefully someone on the forum has some ideas about how to tackle this issue🙏
Old 10-28-2015, 06:51 PM   #6

RV Screens

Be careful when you play with RV screens. I pulled three large screens from my 2008 Sunseeker because they were showing signs of wear. Bought fresh screens from Lowes. Broke a couple of radius corners removing the screens. bought replacements from ParKin Accessories (apparently a HEHR dedicated place). After a lot of discussion on how to determine which size radius I had I bought 6 so I could replace any broken ones. Not bad $6.97 each. Started to replace the screens and found that non of the spline that I had or Lowes sold would fit (all too large). It was a weekend so I temporarily fixed one screen with dried up remnants of original spline and fixed the second one with Weed Wacker line (kind of ugly, it was red line). Called ParKin the following Monday and inquired about my spline problem. They confirmed that it was a special size apparently only used by HEHR. I told them I needed 20 feet. They said fine that will be $56.80 plus $8.00 shipping. No joke, that spline (the size of standard Weed Wacker line) costs $2.84 a foot. Strange what happens to prices when there's no competition.
milvet33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 07:39 AM   #7

Try putting the screen in the top rail first and then the bottom. I know window screen at home work that way. There may be some kind of spring in to keep window in while going down the road.
Myrle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 09:13 AM   #8

A dealer I talked to a couple of years ago,,, told me he would not allow his cleaning crew to remove the screens so they could clean the entire window,,, he said they could not replace then with out bending them !!! They should be spring loaded,,, but I am not sure they are ???
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 07:15 PM   #9

The kitchen screen isn't spring loaded, it just sits in a plastic track. I can see why the cleaning company wouldn't take them out, because overtime the track will break. Thanks for chiming in and trying to offer some help. It looks like I probably won't be able to clean the inside of the window😩😩
Old 10-30-2015, 08:07 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by natashaw3 View Post
The kitchen screen isn't spring loaded, it just sits in a plastic track. I can see why the cleaning company wouldn't take them out, because overtime the track will break. Thanks for chiming in and trying to offer some help. It looks like I probably won't be able to clean the inside of the window����
Some day you may have to ???
The ones I hated in out TT was the ones you could only clean part of !!!
Only thing I hate more that cleaning windows,,, is dirty windows & old & dirty screens !!! I remove all my house screens in the fall,,, it makes the snow look much cleaner !!!
LMAO !!!
Old 10-30-2015, 08:41 AM   #11
2015 Sunseeker 2300

When we had our windows tinted we had to remove the screens..you will need an old credit card use it like a shoe horn to slide the screen into the track and out of the track our salesman showed us how only took him about 5 min to get all of our screens out and then he replaced them the same way but we messed up our credit card when we tried it it was scratched
Gingsnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 09:03 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingsnap View Post
When we had our windows tinted we had to remove the screens..you will need an old credit card use it like a shoe horn to slide the screen into the track and out of the track our salesman showed us how only took him about 5 min to get all of our screens out and then he replaced them the same way but we messed up our credit card when we tried it it was scratched
Sounds like a good tip !!!
Maybe a thin putty knife or 2 would work,,,
If it were thin enough ???
Old 10-31-2015, 09:48 AM   #13

Thanks ginsnap and wolverine!! We will definitely try that next time we have to clean the screens and windows!! And I always save old plastic grocery cards for scraping my cast iron pans so I have tons on hand😄

Tags
sunseeker