Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2020, 08:28 PM   #1
Site Team

Sunseeker 2400Q / Forester 2401Q Construction Photos Part 1

When our 2400Q was scheduled to be on the production line we drove up to the plant for a tour to see it being built. I was given permission to take the following photos while on our tour.

The photos in this series are not necessarily our "Q" but were taken in several units in various stages of assembly. My goal was to document the "hiding places" things like the slide controller are installed. By taking photos prior to the unit being finished it is easier to see where everything is installed.

The first place an owner will probably need to access is underneath the bedroom closet and drawer. Removing the access panel, closest to the hallway, will give you access to the slide controller and the bypass switches on the rear of the water heater. The back of LP alarm is also visible in this picture.

Under Closet Access Hatch to Water Heater ByPass and Slide Controller

Next is the a photo of the Automatic Transfer Switch (ATS). This one is truly hidden! To access it you will need to open the outside storage compartment and remove the back wall trim.

2400Q Exterior Storage Under Bed and Transfer Switch

Next is the kitchen sink plumbing. I took this photo from outside through the unfinished garbage can storage area.

Trash Hatch and Rear Veiw of Kitchen Sink Plumbing

The furnace is located underneath the refrigerator. You can see the reflective duct work going to it in the center of this photo.

Furnace Access Hatch

In Part 2 of this thread there will more general construction photos showing the interior being built.

Note: Click on any photo and it should take you to my Flikr page where you can see the full size photos.
Old 03-06-2020, 08:44 PM   #2

If that were my unit I’d be putting a strain relief on the black and white DC power wires feeding that Lippert slide controller. I could see those spade lugs easily pulling off someday soon.

It’s good to see where the weak design and construction points are. I crawled all around the guts of our new unit fixing this and that behind cabinets and such. As a bonus I found what eventually amounted to a whole bag of spare screws. There were even loose screws still rolling around up on the roof.

Tags
2400q, 2401q, auto transfer switch, forester, slide controller, sunseeker, water heater bypass