Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2014, 03:11 PM   #1

Sunseeker 3010 A/V mods

I was not satisfied with the factory audio or video in my 3010, so I decided to make some improvements.
1) Changed out all the factory speakers except the powered subwoofer under the dinette.
2) Added an amplifier to the Jensen in dash unit to power the four rear speakers.
3) Added a separate DVD player to provide component outputs to the main TV. The in dash Jensen only has a composite output. Plus, when the privacy curtain is up, you can't use the remote.
4) Added a soundbar/subwoofer to the main TV. I like this arrangement better than running the TV output through the in dash unit. I now use the Jensen head unit for music only.
5) Added a subwoofer to the exterior entertainment center to provide fuller sound. Also ran an RCA cable inside to tie the outdoor and indoor systems together.
6) Added a video switchbox to provide the option of watching different sources on the remote TVs.

Some photos are attached. I also have a Dish 211K sat receiver, but it is not shown. I use it at home also.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0254.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	190.9 KB
ID:	66188   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0250.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	292.8 KB
ID:	66189   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0249.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	245.8 KB
ID:	66190   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0244.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	297.6 KB
ID:	66191   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0252.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	311.2 KB
ID:	66192  

Owned 2015 Sunseeker 3010DS previously
raoulwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 01:23 AM   #2
Retired on the weekends

Nice goin'. I like your style.

CLICK HERE FOR THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST RV GROUP
The RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 12:58 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Nice. Someone else posted earlier about issues with their expectations of their Satellite setup. This is sort of case in point with my feelings on that.

We can please some of the people all of the time, or all of the people some the time.

While ours is a better system than most Class C's...I would personally add a ton of stuff as well to tailor it to my tastes. Nice job, I like all the mods.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 11:32 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Nice. Someone else posted earlier about issues with their expectations of their Satellite setup. This is sort of case in point with my feelings on that.

We can please some of the people all of the time, or all of the people some the time.

While ours is a better system than most Class C's...I would personally add a ton of stuff as well to tailor it to my tastes. Nice job, I like all the mods.
Thanks BC.........

I'm not dissing on FR or Sunseeker for their audio/video offerings. This is my sixth RV and my expectations were pretty low in that regard. I knew I would be changing some things before I purchased. The quality of the A/V electronics in the Sunseeker is better than my previous units. In those I ended up replacing everything........

Have you ever considered offering a "prewire" option (speaker wire and coax) in your units? I ordered the surround sound option just so I would have wire in the ceiling.
Owned 2015 Sunseeker 3010DS previously
raoulwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 12:14 PM   #5
Commercial Member

We started rolling the surround sound into a package, so most should have it now anyway.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 04:20 AM   #6

Thanks for sharing these mods. They look great, and I bet they sound even better. I will probably do a few A/V upgrades like this when I get my 2300.

I'm very curious about your number 5). How did you add a subwoofer to the outside entertainment center? And how did you route the RCA cable from the in-dash radio to the outside radio?
konrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 04:54 PM   #7

Adding a sub to the ext. radio was fairly easy on the 3010. The ext. TV swings out for access to the trash can. There was room to mount it in that area.

I ran a cable from the cabinet above the entry door behind the inside door moulding and then through the base cabinet. There were already two cables running from the dash radio to the inside TV. I used one of them and plugged into the cable that I ran. I'd be happy to give you more details, but I'm sure the 2300 will be different.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0295.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	204.7 KB
ID:	66705   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0296.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	276.4 KB
ID:	66706   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0297.jpg
Views:	162