Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2019, 06:14 PM   #1

Sunseeker 3010ds first time out

We took our 3010 out for the first time, went south to get some warmer weather. All in all in drove very nice for a big barge and my first time drive a 1 piece vehicle that long. Even with lots of trucks and road contractions going through st Lous it behaved very well and was easy to drive. a couple minor problems such as a broken drawer latch ( the entire wood piece holding the latch fell off. the stove would not ignite, and the worst being a leak from the shower. While the wife was taking a shower water was dripping from the passenger side wheel well. Dealer is looking at it under warranty, not sure if drain, seal or water lines are the culprit.
C5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 06:30 PM   #2

Yes these units are nice to drive, I feel it's a lot easier and less stress ful , then pulling a 5er or even a TT. Don't sound to bad about the shake down , we all know you find something coming out the gate. I think I broke 3 latches , and had to get a new board for the water heater it wouldn't work on propane. So enjoy your rolling home and congrats on your purchust. Safe travel to you and yours.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 10:54 AM   #3
Senior Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5er View Post
We took our 3010 out for the first time, went south to get some warmer weather. All in all in drove very nice for a big barge and my first time drive a 1 piece vehicle that long. Even with lots of trucks and road contractions going through st Lous it behaved very well and was easy to drive. a couple minor problems such as a broken drawer latch ( the entire wood piece holding the latch fell off. the stove would not ignite, and the worst being a leak from the shower. While the wife was taking a shower water was dripping from the passenger side wheel well. Dealer is looking at it under warranty, not sure if drain, seal or water lines are the culprit.
Congrats on your new to you 3010DS. If you decide to tow a vehicle, you will hardly know it's there because of the powerful V10 engine. We have had our 3010DS for 5 years now and plan keeping it for many years to come. We have 22,000 miles on it and it's just getting broke in. Have many happy travels in yours!

2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Butch & Lena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 12:37 PM   #4

you don't notice a vehicle?? I notice a 2011 lancer behind it going up hills... but anyhow welcome to your 3010 its an amazing unit.. one thing i did was bilstien shocks and a steering stabilizer made the drive that much more enjoyable.
Old 04-03-2019, 07:38 PM   #5

Welcome to the forum. Glad you had a good driving experience. We has a 2014 3170 and just love this beast. Retired last year and starting to really put on the miles. Have fun, we are.
Oh, my tow is a Subaru Outback and the Sunseeker pulls it effortlessly.
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 04:30 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrette View Post
Welcome to the forum. Glad you had a good driving experience. We has a 2014 3170 and just love this beast. Retired last year and starting to really put on the miles. Have fun, we are.
Oh, my tow is a Subaru Outback and the Sunseeker pulls it effortlessly.

I’m assuming you were towing your outback on a trailer right? I didn’t know you could flat tow an outback. I was told that I couldn’t.
ksdindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 04:44 PM   #7

The automatic transmissions can not be towed flat down nor dolly tow. You must use a trailer.
Mine is a six speed manual transmissions and it tows flat down very nicely. Been towing it for 5 years without issue.
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 07:01 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrette View Post
The automatic transmissions can not be towed flat down nor dolly tow. You must use a trailer.
Mine is a six speed manual transmissions and it tows flat down very nicely. Been towing it for 5 years without issue.

Ok. Yeah. I traded in my Subaru outback automatic transmission for a jeep wrangler specifically so I could flat tow behind my RV.
ksdindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 07:45 PM   #9
Senior Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5er View Post

We have always had a travel trailer and are taking delivery of our Sunseeker 3010 DS at the end of April, we would be interested to hear about your ongoing experience with your new unit. Today I purchased a new 2018 Toyota Corolla iM, it weighs under 3,000 and has a 6-speed manual transmission. We will get it set up with Blue Ox bars etc. next week and hope to make a short trip somewhere in May to check everything out. The use of the leveling system, towing a toad, setting of air bag suspension and use of the built in generator are things I need to learn about.
Old 04-08-2019, 08:44 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rthomaslyons View Post
We have always had a travel trailer and are taking delivery of our Sunseeker 3010 DS at the end of April, we would be interested to hear about your ongoing experience with your new unit. Today I purchased a new 2018 Toyota Corolla iM, it weighs under 3,000 and has a 6-speed manual transmission. We will get it set up with Blue Ox bars etc. next week and hope to make a short trip somewhere in May to check everything out. The use of the leveling system, towing a toad, setting of air bag suspension and use of the built in generator are things I need to learn about.
Congrats on your upcoming new MH. I found everything to work well and was pretty intuitive. I am just starting to look at towing options to tow our wrangler.
C5er is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
first time, saunseeker, sunseeker