Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2013, 02:44 PM   #1

Sunseeker 3120

We took our first trip last week to the Keys in our new newbie, had a few issues, but I think they can be worked out. The main problem is the front slide, first it wasn't closing all the way, witch we had fixed, now it seems the whole slide has to be moved to the rear about an inch because it's binding up.The thing I was most concerned about was having to take the unit back to the dealer, 200 miles, and no faith in their service department. To their credit Forest River worked with me to find someone closer,they put me in contact with a family run business in Ft. Myers called the RV Doctor, great folks, they actually return phone calls which seems to be a lost art down here, they take care of all the communication with Forest River and set everything up. I don't usually recommend businesses, but they sure do make you feel better about things because they actually seem to care, after waiting 25 years to make a purchase like this problems can be a real bummer.Thanks for letting me vent.
Six Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:49 PM   #2
Plain Old Member

Please keep us posted on the fix. Interested to see how yours turns out. And I thought my schwintek would be the slide with a problem. I've had 3 schwintek slides between the 2 Motorhomes, and never a problem, or leak. No choice but to put them in square since they come as 1 unit, just add box. They're growing on me, but I know others still have problems with them. If I weren't intending on selling ours, I'd rip out the whole drivers side slide box, seals etc. and start from scratch, my way.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:52 AM   #3

Why ya selling BigJohn? Keep us updated on the slide!
MikeRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:57 AM   #4

Six Pack,
My home base is Fort Myers, FL. My 2013 Forester #3051S was purchased at RV World of Nokomis, FL. They are 70 miles from here and I do not plan on using them for Service unless it is major. Honestly their customer service was weak to be polite. The first two Motorhomes I purchased were from North Trail RV. Good to know about the RV Doctor especially if they can handle warranty work. I also have a friend that does mobile RV service here is Fort Myers.

BTW....where did you camp in the Keys? I am leaving this Saturday for N.C. and the Smoky Mountains a four month trip.

2013 Forester #3051SF
2009 Toyoda Tacoma (toad)
2010 Newmar Dutchstar (Sold)
2011 Fleetwood Bounder (Sold)
trwmodela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:58 AM   #5
Plain Old Member

Mike, selling motorhome due to going full time early next year. Moving into a Cedar Creek 36B4 or the like. Class C is just too small and has no storage for full timing for a family, at least ours. Had we known we were going to decide to sell it all and do this, I probably could have saved myself a lot of money, but, hindsight's 20/20 always. Got a good toad car that'll be up for sell soon enough.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote