Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2021, 03:28 PM   #1
Site Team

Sunseeker Forester Model Specific Service Information

While looking around on the FR website I found an area I hadn't seen before. The Model and Floor Plan Specific Information section provides additional information to help you maintain your unit. It provides Winterization and Dewinterization instructions by motor home series. It also provides Service Location Information, by model number, in a very nice diagram of your motor home showing where service points are located. No more crawling around looking for the low point drains!

See Here
A big Thanks to whoever at FR put this information together!
It is better to have too much truck than to have too much trailer.
RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 07:15 PM   #2
Chief tinkerer

That's a great find.

2017 SunSeeker 3010DS
Gidyupgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 11:07 PM   #3

Thanks for sharing.
Redding, CA (way up north)
Patten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 12:28 PM   #4

Thank you Gidyupgo!

Fun Boy Tours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 11:59 PM   #5

Great find...thank you for sharing!
RV4me21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 05:27 AM   #6

a better starting point

Start here, then pick the proper year, then RV model.

https://forestriverinc.help/#/forest...vehicles/2021/

Still, a good find. Thanks.
Old 06-24-2021, 05:10 PM   #7

When you get your 2380 you'll get a bundle of manuals plus Ford manuals that will make your head explode and you will get a small model class c that comes apart and becomes a stick that downloads all manuals except chassis. Picked up my 2021 2380FTD on may 31.
poppytoymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 06:18 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppytoymaker View Post
When you get your 2380 you'll get a bundle of manuals plus Ford manuals that will make your head explode and you will get a small model class c that comes apart and becomes a stick that downloads all manuals except chassis. Picked up my 2021 2380FTD on may 31.
I still have the .pdf files of the manuals from our 2018 TS2390. It will be interesting to see what FR has changed. The service diagrams are a relatively new addition to the documentation that could be really helpful for new owners.
Old 06-24-2021, 06:34 PM   #9
Commercial Member

We added those to all of my motorized divisions about a month or so back after lots of questions on this forum about "service locations". low point drains, fuse areas, etc. We already had a print for production that showed this overall view and a few items. All we did was add a little more detail.

I know at least one division (FR3 and Georgetown) and possibly Berkshire put actual pictures of the device. I am not sure if any of the towable divisions followed or not.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-06-24 193634.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	279.7 KB
ID:	257757  
If "Search this Forum" does not yield an answer, please post questions as a "New Thread" (instead of sending a private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only.

Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube page for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 06:38 PM   #10
Site Team

Brian,

The changes you are making are really good. Info like this used to be unobtainable, except for Dynamax, and required a lot of forum questions.

Thanks!
Old 06-24-2021, 06:44 PM   #11
Commercial Member

Well, we're getting there.

We've got a good start on "how to" and feature videos. More will come as we see repeat issues or get common questions.

We now have Youtube, Facebook, Forum monitors, a direct "contact us" page, flash drives with digital welcome letter and digital manuals, PAPER welcome letter in the packets...

...and yet we still get people that post "how do I reach XXX". I have smoke signals and carrier pigeons to go I think and if we still have people that can't seem to find how to get help, I will have to find a forum on telepathy.
If "Search this Forum" does not yield an answer, please post questions as a "New Thread" (instead of sending a private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only.

Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube page for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/
Old 12-26-2021, 09:47 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLdr1 View Post
While looking around on the FR website I found an area I hadn't seen before. The Model and Floor Plan Specific Information section provides additional information to help you maintain your unit. It provides Winterization and Dewinterization instructions by motor home series. It also provides Service Location Information, by model number, in a very nice diagram of your motor home showing where service points are located. No more crawling around looking for the low point drains!

See Here
A big Thanks to whoever at FR put this information together!

Nice! Great post!
JWallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 07:59 PM   #13

You should start training your reps and dealers first.
This is where the disaster starts. They need to tell their customers the correct information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Well, we're getting there.

...and yet we still get people that post "how do I reach XXX". I have smoke signals and carrier pigeons to go I think and if we still have people that can't seem to find how to get help, I will have to find a forum on telepathy.
mhbraun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 08:17 PM   #14
Certified Curmudgeon

Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhbraun View Post
You should start training your reps and dealers first.
This is where the disaster starts. They need to tell their customers the correct information.
I am wondering which Motorhome and dealer led you to your obviously very sour experience. I could not find any reference in your profile or posts that makes a connection to any unit in this section.

Welcome to Lake Wobegon where Justin and David utilize abductive reasoning to help solve F/SS issues.
Happy Trails and Remember the Pequod.
Duckogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 08:28 AM   #15
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
I am wondering which Motorhome and dealer led you to your obviously very sour experience. I could not find any reference in your profile or posts that makes a connection to any unit in this section.
ooh, Ultracrepidarians! I had to look this up. Where has this word been all my life? I will now use it on a daily basis.

Maybe we can shorten like the cool kids...

"Why are you being so Ultra?"
"Why are you being such a crep?" (creep not crepe). Just spit balling here.

Old 02-23-2022, 08:53 AM   #16
Kanadian Kamper

Ultracrepidarians…simpler definition

I’ve used a much simpler definition for most of my life……

“It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear ignorant, than to open it and completely remove all doubt.”

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 09:50 PM   #17

Thank you for the reminder
I updated my profile.
To answer your questions:
Motorhome = 2022 Forest River Sunseeker 2150SLE
Dealer = RV Nation, Trenton, OH

Quote:
Old 02-23-2022, 11:33 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
ooh, Ultracrepidarians! I had to look this up.
Made me curious so I looked it up too. noting or pertaining to a person who criticizes, judges, or gives advice outside the area of his or her expertise:
Old 02-24-2022, 09:05 AM   #19
Certified Curmudgeon

Wholesale

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhbraun View Post
Thank you for the reminder
I updated my profile.
To answer your questions:
Motorhome = 2022 Forest River Sunseeker 2150SLE
Dealer = RV Nation, Trenton, OH
Thanks for the update. Now I understand your ire. Couch’s business model is wholesale. I think your expectations of any level of expertise from sales or wholesalers is well above the mark. The dealers and reps (assuming you mean salespersons) are not Forest River employees. IMO your beef is 100% with the dealer.

I also wonder why you never posted here since you have been a member since early 2021, long before your 2022 came into the picture.

Welcome to Lake Wobegon where Justin and David utilize abductive reasoning to help solve F/SS issues.
Happy Trails and Remember the Pequod.
Duckogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 10:59 AM   #20

Quote:
Thanks for the update. Now I understand your ire. Couch’s business model is wholesale. I think your expectations of any level of expertise from sales or wholesalers is well above the mark. The dealers and reps (assuming you mean salespersons) are not Forest River employees. IMO your beef is 100% with the dealer.

I also wonder why you never posted here since you have been a member since early 2021, long before your 2022 came into the picture.
I have little experience with Forest River employees. As you said, it is on the dealer side. From my point of view a sales person should know the product it is selling. Same as service persons should know the product they are servicing. The experience here is a disaster for both.

Before I post in a forum I start reading and try to understand the forum. Then I ordered the vehicle in March 2021 and could pick it up on December 20 2021. So it took a while to get to the bad experience...

Tags
forester, service, sunseeker