Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2020, 12:44 PM   #1

Smile Sunseeker slide Binding

We have a 2019 Sunseeker 2850. The slide is binding on the front and has a 1+ inch gap on the front...the rear is flush. Looking under the slide there are 4 u shaped brackets on the front portion of the slide. These brackets are angled from parallel and have a smooth large black bolt head....the first 3 of these brackets match up with an angle attached to the roller bracket...the fourth bracket is 6 inches away.

The rollers are fine. The bolt heads of the first three are bumping over the coach bracket... I think these bolt heads and brackets are the seat belt anchors for the slide. This is hard to describe...hopefully the attached photos will help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	29235B12-BB26-4705-B5EA-A7F6999A48F0.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	264.1 KB
ID:	242420   Click image for larger version

Name:	DABCBE0D-A906-4319-9BFF-40388344C80B.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	252.8 KB
ID:	242421  
Mbear12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 12:59 PM   #2
Certified Curmudgeon

The brackets bolted to the frame (receiver brackets) must line up with the brackets screwed to the slide. They need to mate in order to allow the slide to close. From the side view it appears that the top 3 will if they were straight. The bottom looks to be way off. Cannot see how it ever was correct.

The lower edge brackets, if they line up, look fine. They should mate between the rollers.

Did the slide ever close correctly?
Old 11-03-2020, 01:15 PM   #3

Slide Binding

We bought it from the original owner ...I don’t think it ever closed completely. The fourth bracket is six inches away from matching....there are no brackets on the rear half of the slide...so it closes fully. At the very least I need to grind down the bolt heads a little so they won’t bind on the top of the coach bracket.

Are these the seat belt anchors?

What purpose do the brackets have if they are only on the front of the slide? Maybe to help secure the slide.
Old 11-03-2020, 01:31 PM   #4
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbear12 View Post
We bought it from the original owner ...I don’t think it ever closed completely. The fourth bracket is six inches away from matching....there are no brackets on the rear half of the slide...so it closes fully. At the very least I need to grind down the bolt heads a little so they won’t bind on the top of the coach bracket.

Are these the seat belt anchors?

What purpose do the brackets have if they are only on the front of the slide? Maybe to help secure the slide.
Suggest not “grinding”. I am thinking there is a couch above the brackets. They are for safety standards if passengers ride in the slide.
I would remove the brackets on the slide that do not line up.
At that point you can fully close the slide and adjust it properly. Then you can reinstall the brackets you removed in the correct location.

Slide out alignment depends on what mechanism is in use.
Suggest not removing any brackets that are bolted to the frame.

You can delete your duplicate post and your post in the slide leak thread. Suggest you focus here and get more opinions.
Old 11-03-2020, 02:09 PM   #5

Slide binding

The first two bolt heads are hitting the top of the coach side bracket...they are binding up the slide ....second problem is the brackets don’t line up. I understand the bolts are the seat belt anchors but they need to clear the coach brackets. I don’t see how to clear them without taking off a very little of metal...maybe 1/16 inch.

One thing I can’t understand is why the back half of the slide doesn’t need the brackets also.
Only the three front bolt heads are binding...mostly the first two. The fourth (rear) bracket is not doing anything. It looks like Forest River is using the seatbelt anchors to also hold the brackets. I’m not sure what purpose in having three brackets in the first four feet of the slide helps.

Tags
sunseeker, slide