Old 06-12-2019, 08:02 PM   #1
Fathermo

Sunseeker solar

The Sunseeker I ordered says it comes with a roof-mounted 12v charging system. Can anyone tell me what this includes, such as watts, controller, etc?
Fathermo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 08:50 AM   #2

The new Sunseeker 3010DS that we just picked up has the 1209 solar package included. It is supposed to be a 200 watt single panel and all the connections are made thru the roof. When I went up on the roof with the service rep for our PDI, that is what he told me and we looked at the sealing and attachment. looks good.
Blank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 09:00 AM   #3
Fathermo

TY

Ty for your reply. Do you know the manufacturer and if it is a 10 amp system? Just curious did you order your RV new if so what is the delivery time? thank you again. Enjoy your new Sunseeker. Mine is still weeks out.
Fathermo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 10:33 AM   #4

Following up, my wife corrected me after I posted. She is one for spotting any discrepancies between advertising and actual, and remembered the pamphlet/booklet was in the specifications we received on the PDI....

The unit is a GOPOWER!, and called SolarOnBoard, and is rated at 160 watts and 9.14 amps of charging capacity.

25 year warranty and claims tested for 1 inch hail at 51 mph.

OOPS - Saw the rest of your question, no we searched high and low to locate the coach which had every option we wanted. Found it in Boise. at Nelson's RV. They were great to work with and I can recommend PJ Kaufman as a salesman.

https://imgur.com/APAyMtu
Blank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 08:58 PM   #5

We just ordered a 2290 and was told about 6 weeks for delivery .
Old 06-07-2020, 04:27 PM   #6

We are in the process of getting a 3010DS with the roof solar and the side port But it has a WD282FWDC Everchill Refrigerator Frost Free 10 Cubic Feet - 12V DC at 60 Hz Rated current: 2.5 amps. Why they did this I don't know what was wrong with the old 3 ways or at least a 2way especially for people like me that boondock. My question is can the panel be upgraded or more panels added to the system without having to upgrade the wiring and the controller.
ncatva500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 09:11 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncatva500 View Post
My question is can the panel be upgraded or more panels added to the system without having to upgrade the wiring and the controller.
Yes, per the brochure it can be expanded to support up to 500W. I've been told it can support a maximum of four panels but have not looked at the roof mount closely. As delivered our system is only one panel rated at 100W.

All that is keeping me from upgrading mine is a serious lack of available roof space to add panels. I may just replace the existing panel with a 190W one.

RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 05:12 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLdr1 View Post
Yes, per the brochure it can be expanded to support up to 500W. I've been told it can support a maximum of four panels but have not looked at the roof mount closely. As delivered our system is only one panel rated at 100W.

All that is keeping me from upgrading mine is a serious lack of available roof space to add panels. I may just replace the existing panel with a 190W one.

Thank you they had no Brochures to hand out so I have request one from online but have not seen it yet. I didn't climb up on the roof to look so I'm not sure how it mounted or how much real estate is up there to use. I could swap out the batteries with a pair of Battle Born lithium iron 100ah so I wouldn't have to worry about the drawdown as much.. I was told the solar set up is a Gopower system does in say in the brochure I would like to see the cost of additional panels would be.
Old 06-13-2020, 12:26 AM   #9

Quote:

I have a Sunseeker 2440DS with the factory installed 100W Go Power solar.
With the everchill fridge boondocking is 1 day at best.
I have a 2021 model and itís not possible to turn off the 12V fridge !
Can pull out the fuse or may end up wiring a separate switch.
Iím looking at upgrading solar and charge controller. Iíve measured the roof at itís possible to add 4* 200W panels (Rich Solar). This requires a upgrade of charge controller and upgrade of the 2* 100 Ah lead acid batteries.
Upgrade to Lithium also means changing out the 12 power dynamics converter to Lithium version
A big project and $$$
A cheaper and easier option may just be upgrade the solar to 400W
Taj-on-wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 11:45 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taj-on-wheels View Post
Our 2020 was hardwired as well. I had my dealer install a On / Off switch during our PDI. I have 115VAC at my storage lot and plug our "Q" in while it is parked. I didn't want the refrigerator running all the time.

I've attached the 2020 Sunseeker brochure for anyone who needs one.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2020sunseekerbrochure(2).pdf (6.55 MB, 7 views)

Old 06-13-2020, 03:17 PM   #11

Quote:
Our 2020 was hardwired as well. I had my dealer install a On / Off switch during our PDI. I have 115VAC at my storage lot and plug our "Q" in while it is parked. I didn't want the refrigerator running all the time.

I've attached the 2020 Sunseeker brochure for anyone who needs one.

Agreed about not wanting to leave the fridge on. I have ac hooked up at storage but worry if the circuit trips for whatever reason I end up with dead batteries !
Wondering where the dealer mounted the on/off switch ?
Old 06-13-2020, 03:27 PM   #12

Quote:
I have a Sunseeker 2440DS with the factory installed 100W Go Power solar.
With the everchill fridge boondocking is 1 day at best.
Iím looking at upgrading solar and charge controller. Iíve measured the roof at itís possible to add 4* 200W panels (Rich Solar). This requires a upgrade of charge controller and upgrade of the 2* 100 Ah lead acid batteries.
Upgrade to Lithium also means changing out the 12 power dynamics converter to Lithium version
A big project and $$$
A cheaper and easier option may just be upgrade the solar to 400W
The factory Go-power controller and charger is supposed to be good up to 500 watt.
Old 06-13-2020, 06:19 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncatva500 View Post
The factory Go-power controller and charger is supposed to be good up to 500 watt.

The charge controller is rated at 30A max input. The flexible solar panel has a short circuit current of 6.28 A and max power current of 5.68A. At best one should only use 4 x 100W to be safe. Itís a PWM controller so you need to wire the solar in parallel. The other issue is the 100W kit has #10 gauge wire. Ideally thicker wire would be better with more panels.
Using a MPPT controller I can wire panels in series or series-parallel combo to reduce the current in the 10 gauge wire and MPPT is more efficient than PWM
Old 06-13-2020, 07:16 PM   #14

3010 DS 2020 has the Go-Power solar set up

file:///C:/Users/parts%20wholesale/Downloads/Go%20Power%20-%20Solar%20Brochure.pdf

file:///C:/Users/parts%20wholesale/Downloads/Go%20Power%20Solar%20User%20Manual.pdf

file:///C:/Users/parts%20wholesale/Downloads/Progressive%20Dynamics%20PD4000%20Operation%20Manu al.pdf

The PD9260C, 60 amp power converter

https://www.progressivedyn.com/rv/po...vertercharger/GP-PWM-30-UL_Manual-with-French_2018-04-10.pdf
Old 06-13-2020, 07:41 PM   #15

Quote:
Wondering where the dealer mounted the on/off switch ?
I had it mounted with the other switches in the stairwell area. That location is right behind my converter so it made the wiring real simple.

Old 06-16-2020, 09:38 AM   #16

Here all the manuals for the onboard solar https://forestriverinc.help/#/forest...5-7BC0FBF4457C

Tags
saunseeker, solar, sunseeker