Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2016, 09:09 PM   #1

Question Sunseeker towing connections

Hi
We have a 2013 sunseeker 2860DS and tow a Honda CR-V with no problems but our longest trip in this setup was a 6 hour run up to Arcadia in ME during which we stopped a couple of times and started the car to charge the battery. We are planning a trip down to Florida and so I've run wiring from the six pin tow cable to a 12vdc outlet under the dash to power the brake system, when I tested it I found no voltage. After some further testing I found the aux power pin (#4) in seven pin connector on the motor home is wired but has no power coming to it, does anyone know if there is a fuse or something I need to do to get power to the connection?
bluejeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 09:15 AM   #2

The Ford E450 has a fuse and a relay to supply 12 bolts to a towed vehicle's battery. Look in your Owner's Guide in the section "Roadside Emergencies". The fuse and relay are in the Power Distribution Box under the hood. Look for "Trailer Tow Battery Charge". Be aware that the relay is only energized when the ignition switch is in the run position. This is so your towed vehicle does not drain the chassis battery.

If you don't have the Owner's Guide, you can download it from a Ford web site. I don't have it handy but can get it if you need it.
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 01:10 PM   #3

I should have mentioned I've got the Chevy chassis but I'll check the fuse box for something with the same type of marking, thanks
bluejeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 02:44 PM   #4

Oops. 12 volts, not 12 bolts.

Autocorrect won again.

Sorry, but I don't know about Chevy fuses.
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sunseeker, towing