Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2013, 07:39 AM   #1

suspension upgrade on 3010DS

Tough I would provide an update on my newly upgraded suspension on my 2012 Sunseeker 3010.

I love this MH and I decided to add a air lift wireless controller to automatically manage the air on my rear balloon... That was a great add on.. Never though they would adjust so frequently! The following week I added Bilstein shocks on all four corners and added a Safe T Plus bar in the front direction with a new wheel alignment.

Best money spent on this Motorhome so far. I was very septic about the improvements when the sales rep was selling me the mods, but this is night and day.

If you ever though of doing this mod, don't hesitate... It's a bit expensive 2500$ for everything including alignment but the Motorhome is completely transformed.

Leaving next Sunday for a long trip (3000km) and I can't wait to see the difference compare to my previous long trip a month ago.
2015 Georgetown XL 350TS FireMist | Firestone Ride Rite 4 corners air bags | Koni’s FSD Shocks | Safe T Plus | BlueOx Rear Track| 5 Star Tuned | Centramatic's Wheel Balancers | Best handling Georgetown XL Bare None !!!
Johnnya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:35 PM   #2

We did similar upgrades which really helped the handling. We truly appreciate all the info we found on this forum. We were having problems with stability and control so did the following as suggested elsewhere on this forum:

- got an alignment at 2000 miles (it really needed it)
- redistributed the weight from behind the rear axle to the front as best we could
- became religious about tire and airbag inflation
- added a Roadmaster rear sway bar
- added Safe-t-plus steering stabilizer

What a difference - especially the alignment and the upgrades. Driving is significantly more confortable and feels much, much safer.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:12 PM   #3

I'm very happy with my handling using properly setup and aligned stock components but not the ride over bumps like expansion strips. Did your shock mods make a significant difference to ride comfort?
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:05 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATVer View Post
I'm very happy with my handling using properly setup and aligned stock components but not the ride over bumps like expansion strips. Did your shock mods make a significant difference to ride comfort?
The sway bar helped the bumpy ride but it still rides like a truck.