Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2020, 04:27 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by db7512 View Post
My 2 cents. I like Rejex which bonds to the finish. Wipe on wipe off no buffer. I did the front with two coats. Last all year. Wash with the wash they sell cannot remember the name. Purchase directly not Amazon because of satisfaction guarantee. I also use the black tank chemical they sell called hammerhead which works great.
+1

i also use washwaxall.

ill have to check out hammerhead
Old 03-12-2020, 04:32 PM   #22

Wax

I have been doing the Meguaire's boat wax early in season. After that I use Car Guys Boat Clean and Wax or Meguaire Clean and Wax. I put it on w/ a foam gun on the end of a water hose. It takes about an hour and 1/2 to spray my 30' TT. The foam gun costs about $50, well worth time saved cleaning truck and trailer. I have tried the high dollar synthetic waxes. They might last slightly longer, but not worth 5X the cost. One that I tried was Car Guys Jet Wax, it did not last as long as the standard wax. It was easy to get off on large areas and could be left on for several hours. This is the advantage I see in the synthetic waxes I have used.
Tundra 2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 05:23 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM796 View Post
I might be getting the terms mixed up between wax, polish and cleaners but what should you do to keep the decals looking good?
I use Aerospace 303 on my decals.
Old 03-12-2020, 06:44 PM   #24

Wax

The Rejex is another synthetic sealer that goes on easy and comes off easy. It does not have a lot of polish in it, but clean first. I use it on both cars and truck. The Formula 303 is what bI use on rubber trim, seals and tires. Just let it dry well on slide seals before putting slide in. I am sure it would do good on decals. It has great UV protection in it. I have used it on my kayaks for 12 years, still bright colors. It was designed for commercial aircraft tires to prevent weathering.
Tundra 2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 06:11 PM   #25

I have for years used Nufinish on everything I have owned and has always been happy how easily it is to work with and it longevity. What ever product you use, remember to use a wash soap that doesn’t strip the wax off. FYI, dish soap and household cleaners are the hardest on the RV finishes.
Sundazzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 06:16 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundazzed View Post
I have for years used Nufinish on everything I have owned and has always been happy how easily it is to work with and it longevity. What ever product you use, remember to use a wash soap that doesn’t strip the wax off. FYI, dish soap and household cleaners are the hardest on the RV finishes.

Thanks for the info! I’m still trying to decide on what to use an appreciate all the great feedback
JWallet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wax