Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2017, 11:33 AM   #1

Tail lights & Shower Door Recall

Just found out there is a tail light and shower door recall. Did any of you have their shower doors replaced? The tail light recall says the solution is still under development.

We've already been waiting a month to pick up our RV for other repairs, and now it looks like there may be another delay if I bring this recall up.
LinandLen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 11:23 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camperroo View Post
Just found out there is a tail light and shower door recall. Did any of you have their shower doors replaced? The tail light recall says the solution is still under development.

We've already been waiting a month to pick up our RV for other repairs, and now it looks like there may be another delay if I bring this recall up.

What models?

https://www.visitedstatesmap.com/image/NCTNVAsm.jpg
KJcachers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:07 AM   #3

I found the thread for the tail light recall. Apparently it was specific to the Mercedes chassis. http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ll-114223.html

Here is the information for the shower door recall:

NHTSA Campaign ID: 16V336000

Forest River, Inc.

Year: 2016

Make:
FOREST RIVER

Model:
FORESTER

Recall Date:
05/23/2016

Summary: Forest River, Inc. (Forest River) is recalling certain model year 2016-2017 Forester and Sunseeker recreational vehicles manufactured from February 29, 2016, through April 20, 2016. These vehicles are equipped with a shower door that may not meet the flammability standards. Thus, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 302, "Flammability of Interior Materials."

Consequence:
Failure to meet the flammability standard of FMVSS 302 could enhance the spread of a flame in the event of a fire, increasing the risk serious injury.

Remedy: Forest River will notify owners, and dealers will replace the shower doors, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin on, or about, July 12, 2016. Owners may contact Forest River customer service at 1-574-206-7600. Forest River''s number for this recall is 34-05052016-0184.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:34 AM   #4
Class C Representative

This recall was specific to the Transit series. We were using a shower curtain that we understood was up to code and turned out it was not. We only used the curtain for one or two full runs of production which turns out to be 5-10 Transit units.
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:53 AM   #5

Thanks Mr. Joshua Cavitt...
wvufan1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:17 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Cavitt View Post
This recall was specific to the Transit series. We were using a shower curtain that we understood was up to code and turned out it was not. We only used the curtain for one or two full runs of production which turns out to be 5-10 Transit units.
Thank you so much, Joshua.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:30 PM   #7

V Lite Shower door

I requested that, under warranty, that our V Lite unit's shower door be installed to not hang crooked. The selling dealer fixed it, but a month later on the road, another dealer had Forest River factory ship another (new) shower door.
To me there is nothing wrong with the door - it is just hung improperly. May need some shims at hinges.
Any other ?
lengercce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 11:04 AM   #8

Shower door

My sliding glass shower door would open up while driving. The first latch broke due to the weight of the door and it's movement while driving. I replaced that latch. Now I use a tension bar across the outside of the glass while driving to keeping the door in place without any movement. (I tried velcro first- that didn't work out.)
mtnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, light, recall, show, shower