Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2023, 10:10 AM   #1

Tire Load Capacity

Last year I put six new Michelin Agilis Crross Climate tires on my 2016 Sunseeker 3010 DS. I was looking at the specs on the side of the tire and noticed something odd to me. Maybe it isn't but I thought I'd put it out here as I'm sure somebody has the answer. On the sidewall it says;

Max load single 2,680 lbs at 90 psi
Max load dual 2,470 lbs at 90 psi

Why would the max load be less dual than single?

Another question. If cold pressure is 90 psi, at what pressure should I start to get nervous going down the road when they are hot?

Thanks in advance.
Sunseeker16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 10:19 AM   #2

The dual tire weights are lower to allow the tires to bulge when loaded without rubbing each other. Of course that depends on how small the gap is between the two tires when mounted but thats the way they rate them.
The 90PSI is the max cold pressure. That is the max pressure you should pump the tire up to when the tire is cold which usually means that it has not been drive on in the last 4 hours or so. On a hot summer day driving a heavy load down the Texas roads expect to see that pressure got up at least 10psi or more.

Jim M.
jimmarako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 10:30 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmarako View Post
The dual tire weights are lower to allow the tires to bulge when loaded without rubbing each other. Of course that depends on how small the gap is between the two tires when mounted but thats the way they rate them.
The 90PSI is the max cold pressure. That is the max pressure you should pump the tire up to when the tire is cold which usually means that it has not been drive on in the last 4 hours or so. On a hot summer day driving a heavy load down the Texas roads expect to see that pressure got up at least 10psi or more.

Jim M.
I never would have given the space between the duals a thought. Thanks.
Sunseeker16 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire