Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2016, 05:04 AM   #1

toilet seat

I have a sun seeker 2014 3050s with a dometic toilet. I need to replace the seat and forgot to look and see what model toilet is in there before I parked it.

1) Does anybody know what model is in the motor home?
2) Has anybody replaced one? A quick search on Amazon listed one for $50 (no idea if it's the right model). Could I get a regular seat from Home Depot for a lot cheaper.
johnlantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 07:24 AM   #2

Dosen't matter what make/model...pretty much standarized . 99.99% that the spacing is 5 1/2 inches for the mounting studs...same as on a regular house pooper.
Just truck on down to Lowes/Home Depot and find a seat that your tush finds acceptable.
Let me add, take the old seat with you so you can get one of approx. the same size as far as diameter and circumference. The mounting studs should all be the same center to center measurement.
Grumpy

2012 Forrest River Lexington 283ts
Toad, 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 07:55 AM   #3

If it's a model 310 from Dometic a standard seat will not work. There is a wooden seat for this model available to replace the plastic it comes with.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 08:01 AM   #4

Hmmmm, let me see. CW Dometic Wood Toilet Seat, around $34 bucks.
Wood Round Toilet Seat from Lowes, around $12 bucks to $20 bucks....
Grumpy

Old 06-06-2016, 01:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy0374 View Post
Hmmmm, let me see. CW Dometic Wood Toilet Seat, around $34 bucks.
Wood Round Toilet Seat from Lowes, around $12 bucks to $20 bucks....
Grumpy
If this is directed at my input here is a picture of the seat that comes with the 310 toilet. The valve covering fixture at the rear is held in place with a pin not hinges and screws and I don't think just any old toilet seat will suffice. I'm wrong a lot though. The direct replacement plastic seat is quite inexpensive. Maybe the OP has a different model. I was just commenting.
Old 06-06-2016, 02:15 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
If this is directed at my input here is a picture of the seat that comes with the 310 toilet. The valve covering fixture at the rear is held in place with a pin not hinges and screws and I don't think just any old toilet seat will suffice. I'm wrong a lot though. The direct replacement plastic seat is quite inexpensive. Maybe the OP has a different model. I was just commenting.
No, not at you at all. Just comparing a specialized "rv" toilet seat to a standard regular Lowes wood seat. The Dometic in my Lexi is just a standard one, I guess, and would take a 12 buck seat from Lowes, or even WalMart.
Obviously, the minute you add "rv" to anything, the price magically doubles or triples.
Grumpy

Old 06-06-2016, 02:20 PM   #7

[QUOTE=QUOTE]

Forgot the picture
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	seat.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	110305  
Old 06-10-2016, 08:09 AM   #8

The $9.99 seat from Home Deport worked fine. It doesn't have the plastic covering on the back that covers the valve on the back of the toilet. But the seat cover itself doesn't interfere with the valve. It's only the bathroom, so I can live with seeing the valve.
johnlantz is offline   Reply With Quote