Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2023, 09:10 AM   #1

Thumbs down TPMS

I am considering putting a TPMS system on my 2021 Sunseeker. I see one on Amazon for $90. Any thoughts, or recommendation's?

Ratracer
Ratracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 09:23 AM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

As always……you get what you pay for.

Just Google “Top 5 best RV TPMS systems” and you actually get to see 10 of them.

Is your system off Amazon here?

https://top5best.com/rv-tire-pressur...IaAkGwEALw_wcB

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 10:00 AM   #3

X2 what kenandterry said
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 11:07 AM   #4

I used the TireMinder i10 with 10 sensors. Six sensors on my Sunseeker, two on the tow dolly and two on the rear tires of the Toad. The only issue i have had was some intermittent signal loss because I didn't install the signal amplifier. That is my spring job. I used the Wheelmasters valve stem extension kit on the rears and mounted the extensions on the hub cover of the hub cap.
Sunseeker16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 11:38 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunseeker16 View Post
I used the TireMinder i10 with 10 sensors. Six sensors on my Sunseeker, two on the tow dolly and two on the rear tires of the Toad. The only issue i have had was some intermittent signal loss because I didn't install the signal amplifier. That is my spring job. I used the Wheelmasters valve stem extension kit on the rears and mounted the extensions on the hub cover of the hub cap.
Your profile says you have a 2016 Sunseeker, but the model is not listed. Would you mind sharing what chassis you use the TireMinder on? I am considering the TireMinder for a Ford E450.
Old 01-21-2023, 11:54 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindBars View Post
Your profile says you have a 2016 Sunseeker, but the model is not listed. Would you mind sharing what chassis you use the TireMinder on? I am considering the TireMinder for a Ford E450.

I’m also using the Tireminder system on my 2015 2801QS on the Ford E-450.
I use a couple senders on my boat trailer as well and I don’t have any connection issues with the booster mounted on the back wall of the rear storage compartment.
Tombsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 12:04 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindBars View Post
I have a 2016 3010 DS on a 2016 E 450 chassis
Sunseeker16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 03:08 PM   #8
Certified Curmudgeon

Road Trip

Tire Minder. Had TST and the sensors fell apart (507’s)

And then there is this:
https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ml#post2794227
Old 01-21-2023, 05:08 PM   #9

oops!

To a couple of people I sent private messages to. I was notified that my private message folder was full and to delete some. I goofed and deleted all of them. If you could write back again, I would appreciate it. Yes, the Email is gmail.com!

Ratracer
Ratracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 08:36 PM   #10

I have a TireMinder I6 w/signal booster on ,my truck and single axle TT. While on our 2022 trip, the TPMS saved our trip. While driving through Kansas and eastern Wyoming, my trucks right rear tire temp started going up but the psi stayed about the same. I grabbed my IR thermometer and checked the temps of my tire, wheel, hub center and, brake disc and the parking brakes drum. The parking brake drum was HOT. It turns out that the cable for the parking brake hung up and the right parking brake was dragging. I crawled under the truck and tapped the parking brake arm with a hammer and it released.
If I hade not had the TPSM, I may have super heated the parking brake and cooked the grease seal on the axle. If the differential oil leaked out, I may have destroyed the rear end and the replacment cost could have been huge.
BarabooBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 09:20 PM   #11
Director, FROG

I've been very happy with TST. We have six on the RV (previously eight when we had a Berkshire XLT with a tag axle) as well as four that we can switch between the Silverado and the Traverse depending on which one we're towing.

The monitor covers both pressure and temperature with a very clear and easy-to-read monitor.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 01:16 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunseeker16 View Post
Same system as mine. Best feature is a refresh every morning on the road. Takes < 10 minutes for fresh psi and temps on all 10 tires. Otherwise initial readings are from previous day but these will refresh themselves in a few minutes.

But, I did install the "booster" which also helps isolate the Tireminder frequency from spurious interference

Never had a signal loss. Matter of fact the monitor works in my house 75' away through aluminum siding, brick fireplace wall and 2x6 construction

I had issues with high pressure warnings on the duallys. Historically run 80 psi in rear, so I set baselines the same. Tireminder recommended changing baselines to 85 psi and this solved my problem

Had bolt on metal valve stems installed front and rear from duallyvalve.com.

Eliminated all that checking on tire pressures

On my 2006 2860DS the house battery compartment is on the passenger side in front of the rear axle. Tireminder recommends mounting booster to the rear of the axle but routing power there was problematic from the battery due to the exhaust system.

Mounted booster on outside edge of battery box which allows antenna & signal light exposure to view and ground reflectivity to pickup signals bouncing off pavement.

I also wired a blue LED switch to the battery, mounted to base of battery compartment, so I could shut off power to the booster while in winter storage or during maintenance

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220503-120307_Amazon%20Shopping.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	283289Click image for larger version

Name:	20220411_152403.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	283290

Sent from my SM-A505U1 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Mohawk Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring
2013 AWD Acadia Denali, Blue Ox Equipped
ChrisParise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 04:37 PM   #13

2016 3011 e450
I got the tst 507 system with 8 sensors..6 on the rv and 2 on a tow dollie. Great system
Repeater in the rear compartment.
No-Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 03:51 PM   #14

I will be adding a switch to my booster that is mounted in the battery box on the tongue of my TT. That is a good idea to avoid a phantom drain on the battery. I guess that since it is a known drain it isn't a phantom, is it?
BarabooBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 07:18 PM   #15

TPMS

I have the GUTA. It’s been great and accurate.
Rosko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 07:20 PM   #16

Tpms

Gg
Rosko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 07:41 PM   #17
Happy Camper

I have the Lippert Tre Linc system. I'd rate it ....honestly.....as just ok. I found out when camping in 20 degree weather, it doesn't like cold. As in....it quit working for a few days until temps got above 40 for quite a few hours. Once in a while, the optional monitoring system that you can add....and we did....will give false alarms. It always gives a false (red) alarm until the battery gets above a certain level (while charging with the USB chord in the vehicle)....even though we've only had a short time.

I mean.....it works.....but it has flaws. Just trying to give an honest review. I'm using it. It's ok. But I'm not going to say it's THE one to pick, because I suspect ....it isn't frankly...........

My next purchase is more important to me. In ADDITION to the tire monitoring system, I'm replacing my "perfectly good Westlake tires" that came with our TT.....with Goodyear Endurance tires. That's more important..............to me....having QUALITY tires and checking tire pressures EVERY time before we go out..........and then.........in addition...........monitoring with the TPMS system for added assurance. But I think it all starts with GOOD tires and regularly checking pressures..........though the TPMS is also good insurance of course...........

Wuold I buy the Lippert system again knowing what I know now? Probably...........not........I'd probably do more research and likely go with another system with better reviews.
redvalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 07:42 PM   #18

I bought the $350 TST 507s for my 24' RV... They lasted about 3 years before I started having problems. Customer service said I needed the extender, but that didn't fix a thing, so disappointed to blow more money on that system. Final resolution was to just buy a new sensor... For $60. But I just couldn't bring myself to do that... Went for a cheaper brand since it was not much more than the cost of a new sensor for the TST.

I purchased the B-Qtech system for $100 and used it for the entire 2022 season with no issues. At a fraction of the price, this seems better to me. And the size of these sensors are 1/4 the size and weight, so I'm hoping for much less wear and tear on the metal valve stems.

Hope this helps...

B-Qtech Tire Pressure Monitoring... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R6H6T37...p_mob_ap_share
Old 01-30-2023, 07:56 PM   #19

Not another screen

I have enough gauges and screen already. I bought and like the TireMinder which uses you mobile phone as the screen / interface, but has an audio only alert on the unit if you phone is off or dies....
ronschmucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 08:12 PM   #20

I got the TST TPMS on my cedar creek and loved it so much eap the support i bought them for my truck as well. highly recommend them
Jimstone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tpms