Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2022, 06:01 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 9
Trash can cutout

I have a 2016 Forrester and lost the trash can lid. It is the circular one. How do I search for a replacement. I asked Forrest River and they said I “had” to go through a dealer and on their site the closest one was 220 miles away. Where do you guys get parts online? Thanks
kceezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 06:37 PM   #2
Certified Curmudgeon
 
Duckogram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Here
Posts: 3,660
Flipped Lid

Is this the “lid” you are talking about?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	879000FA-C61D-49E7-A660-07F4C8D81541.jpeg
Views:	61
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	268280  
__________________

Welcome to Lake Wobegon where Justin and David utilize abductive reasoning to help solve F/SS issues.
Happy Trails and Remember the Pequod.
Duckogram is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 07:02 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
Is this the “lid” you are talking about?


Yes
kceezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 07:28 PM   #4
Certified Curmudgeon
 
Duckogram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Here
Posts: 3,660
Woodn’t

OK, that is a thermoformed corian over MDF countertop insert. You might be able to get one from FR through a dealer but you will need to tell them what corian material is in your unit.

Probably easier and cheaper to get a wood disk shaped to fit.

Edit. There is a CW in Wauconda and a LazyDays in Milwaukee. Both are FR dealers.
__________________

Welcome to Lake Wobegon where Justin and David utilize abductive reasoning to help solve F/SS issues.
Happy Trails and Remember the Pequod.
Duckogram is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 07:52 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
OK, that is a thermoformed corian over MDF countertop insert. You might be able to get one from FR through a dealer but you will need to tell them what corian material is in your unit.

Probably easier and cheaper to get a wood disk shaped to fit.

Edit. There is a CW in Wauconda and a LazyDays in Milwaukee. Both are FR dealers.


I don’t live in Chicago anymore. But the wood thing might be better tbh thank you!
kceezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 08:07 PM   #6
Certified Curmudgeon
 
Duckogram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Here
Posts: 3,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by kceezie View Post
I don’t live in Chicago anymore…
Me neither.
__________________

Welcome to Lake Wobegon where Justin and David utilize abductive reasoning to help solve F/SS issues.
Happy Trails and Remember the Pequod.
Duckogram is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 12:50 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 104
I like wood! But... is the cutout for the bathroom sink available? and if so, is it large enough to cut out the piece you need? Ours is the same surface material but not at my unit so i can't check size right now. We never use the piece on the bath sink... YMMV.
billw
__________________
billw
2020 Forester 3011DS
billwww3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 06:36 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by billwww3 View Post
I like wood! But... is the cutout for the bathroom sink available? and if so, is it large enough to cut out the piece you need? Ours is the same surface material but not at my unit so i can't check size right now. We never use the piece on the bath sink... YMMV.
billw
Brilliant idea I will keep in mind. I know how he lost his, almost lost mine. Mine wouldn't match the bathroom but it would the kitchen sink cover, and I only use one.

Thank you.
__________________
2017 3051S Forester
Shadow57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 12:21 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow57 View Post
Brilliant idea I will keep in mind. I know how he lost his, almost lost mine. Mine wouldn't match the bathroom but it would the kitchen sink cover, and I only use one.

Thank you.

i completely forgot about the kitchen sink covers!! not even sure where we stashed those... and like you said - perfect match!!
bw
__________________
billw
2020 Forester 3011DS
billwww3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 04:27 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho
Posts: 226
Get a small white teflon cutting board, cut out the replacement and you're good to go. Waterproof and looks fine in the counter.
__________________
2019 Sunseeker 3010DS
160w/9A roof top SOLAR
Playmaker DISH w/ Wally
Blank is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:17 AM.