Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2017, 09:35 AM   #1

uneven rear tire wear on Forester 3011DS

Hello all,

Looking to see if anyone else has issues with this problem. We puchased our Rv 3 years ago and discovered the Michelin tires that were on the rig were recalled. We had them replaced immediately and have driven the rig 14 k miles since to find the outside right tire has almost worn down completely. The other insides and outside tires are fine but just the one outside tire is the one wearing excessively. The tire shop that installed them has no idea of why its happening. Took the rig to local Ford dealership that services RV chassis and they said there is no problem with the axle.

Please let me know if this is common place with the Forester or if I possibly have a bad tire again.

Thank you
Banovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 12:05 PM   #2

I have a 3 year old 3051s which is on the same frame. I have had no issue with the rear tires wearing unevenly and have 45k on my rig. All 4 rear are being replaced today due to dry rot. Tread is still excellent, but I don't feel safe with cracking sidewalls.
Rocket City Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 12:31 PM   #3

his might seem like a dumb question but was the air pressure the same on all rear tires, also did they check to ensure the rim on the tire that is wearing is straight.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:09 AM   #4

Sounds like maybe the air pressure in those rear tires might not be the same. Also after about 5 to 6k I also rotate my tires to get them even tire wear. If you have an alignment done make sure you have the same kind of stuff that you have it like you're on the road. Just same thoughts .. Safe travels. Keep up to date Banovich
wvufan1958 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forester, tire