RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 11-30-2020, 10:05 PM   #1

Using gas fire pit with propane tank

Hello!
I just for an outlander fire bowl gas fire pit that has a regulator on the end that I want to use with the propane tank built into the forester. I know that this is a low pressure tank on the rv and the fire pit needs a high pressure one and I might have to take off the regulator and build a new hose for it. But I noticed on my RVs propane tank that there is an additional nozzle that is towards the bottom and is not the fill valve and Iím wondering if this is a high pressure valve that Iím supposed to attach the fire pit too. I canít find any instructions about this propane tank so Iím hoping someone here might be able to help. Thanks!
Rachel
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D38B8D15-0AA0-409D-BB5D-57C452F3181A.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	255.7 KB
ID:	243940   Click image for larger version

Name:	F302774A-470B-4070-9368-689CFFF325D6.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	299.4 KB
ID:	243941  
rachelr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 10:10 PM   #2

Maybe what you want is an extended stay kit that adds a fitting to the tank's output but before the regulator. Then you can run high pressure appliances or tie in an auxiliary tank to the motorhome for longer stays. You install it between the vapor valve and the regulator on your motorhome's tank. Links to two such devices below:

https://www.amazon.com/Stanbroil-Pro...6792446&sr=8-3

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Connect...6792060&sr=8-3
Old 12-01-2020, 12:59 AM   #3

You know I just figured out where the real quick connect is for grill and fire pit and I was looking in the completely wrong place!! I got it figured out now.
rachelr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 01:01 AM   #4
Ambassador Member

kaboom

The short answer is no.
Here is everything you wanted to know about a mounted propane tank.
https://rvlifestyle.com/innards-rv-propane-tank/

Also noteworthy is that you have MBS. Folks need to know that. I suggest you put it in your profile for future reference. My SS has a gas port on the door side in its very own compartment to connect grills and such. It is after the regulator so a direct connection can be used.

You can connect to your tank as BehindBars stated but that is before the regulator so your device would have to have one in line. Clearly installing a 4 way T (extend a stay) would be your best bet if you do not have a factory installed quick connect.
Posting exclusively in the Forester/Sunseeker section for the amusement of fellow Forester/Sunseeker owners.
Duckogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 01:04 AM   #5
Ambassador Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelr View Post
You know I just figured out where the real quick connect is for grill and fire pit and I was looking in the completely wrong place!! I got it figured out now.
Ha! You posted while I was typing. Glad you found it.
Happy Trails
Posting exclusively in the Forester/Sunseeker section for the amusement of fellow Forester/Sunseeker owners.
Duckogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 02:54 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelr View Post
Itís my understanding that the quick connect is low pressure because it has gone through the RVís regulator. I have an adapter for my Blackstone griddle that eliminates itís regulator, so it will work. Iím not sure about my gas campfire. I just carry an extra 20# propane tank for it.
2012 Ford F-150 Eco-Boost
2021 Ford F-250 Super Duty
OscarsMom2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas, propane, tank