Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2017, 07:35 PM   #1

waiting for delivery

I had a previous post to this list and am very happy with the replies. I'm learning about my new 3011 before I actually see it.

My question today is owners manuals. I've looked at the forester online site and at their manuals for download. The amount of material is impressive in volume. Unfortunately it is a sign of our times that every item in our RV's has 10 warning labels and disclaimers for each sentence of knowledge about the product. What does the supplied F.R. factory manual contain? is it a good helpful book or just a small portion of what I need to know?

I ask because my present Jayco Class C came with a 30 or 40 page manual that was ninety % lawyer speak and of almost no help. I downloaded the company's file and printed out over 200 pages that covered almost every thing (still with the lawyers CYA) but much more content. I tend to do almost all my own repairs rather than taking it to a place with minimum wage know nothings and I hope the supplied Forest River Manual is better. It would be to their advantage to help us fix our own problems rather than to pay the charge backs from the dealers.

Thanks for reading my half vent - half question. I wonder if the factories ever read what their customers are having issues with and if they make changes to their product based on what we say? how helpful are the F.R. manuals in your opinion?
Thanks
Hailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 07:45 PM   #2

The Forest River manual I got with my Sunseeker gts is basic and generic meant to cover all models. Not a whole lot of specific info.
Retired BTC USN
Chesapeake, Virginia
charles l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 08:12 AM   #3

Like charles stated above the owners manual is very generic. More important and informative are the manufacturers manuals that cover the individual components like fridge, furnace, water heater, etc.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote