Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2018, 04:10 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcheatwood View Post
Good information to have here...... But I needed it last week while dumping at a national park cg. Long story short, I had the no stretch experience too. Figured the closed valve issue out on my on but felt stupid anyway. Then, pulled the black handle and . . . .Nothing! Tried gray tank. Nope. After a few minutes of being glad is was drizzling rain and my wife stayed in the cab, I figured there must be a blockage at the gate valve. Slowly released the waste master buckles and ...... Yep, about a quart or two of black (brown) tank contents eased out. Thanking God for latex gloves.
So I poked around in the opening with a wire fly swat. No blockage. So I start to lift the hose end again to look inside it. Big orange plastic plug firmly planted deep in the hose connector.
Looked up to make sure wife wasn't watching. Pulled the plug, connected, pulled the black handle, swooshhh!
Clean up my mess (pun intended) and sanitize everything then get in the truck smelling like Lysol. Wife says, I thought you'd be quicker in the rain. Me? I just said, felt good. Nice and cool on a hot day. [emoji41]
😂 😂 😂 that’s hilarious! Nice save though! I would be cussing up a sailor storm if I did it haha!
Jpontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 05:25 PM   #42

I had a bit of an issue with mine too. Funny enough at the Fort.

The dealer installed the wastegate for us on the new 5er right before we came to the fort. Not sure if they used the wrong cement or not, but we’ve got a leak where the cam fitting valve attaches to the original discharge valve.

Also, with the donut on, it doesn’t fit in the pipe at the fort. They donut seems too big. Without the donut the wastemaster end is too small. I’ll have to think of something to use for those in between size connections unless anyone has similar experience that would like to share! ��
Old 08-28-2018, 05:51 PM   #43

The dealer installer may not have known to twist the fittings once glued to get a proper seal. Many people think it's only necessary with pressure fittings.

Not sure it will help you now but I've come across various size sewer pipes at various campgrounds.
I carry 2 doughnuts, not sure of outer diameter sizes, that were purchased along the way, but still fit the Waste Master nozzle.

Measure what you have and look around for a smaller one. They are usually 3 inch or 4 inch outer diameter at the top and tapered down to fit most sewer pipes.
Old 08-28-2018, 05:58 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netgain View Post
The dealer installer may not have known to twist the fittings once glued to get a proper seal. Many people think it's only necessary with pressure fittings.

Not sure it will help you now but I've come across various size sewer pipes at various campgrounds.
I carry 2 doughnuts, not sure of outer diameter sizes, that were purchased along the way, but still fit the Waste Master nozzle.

Measure what you have and look around for a smaller one. They are usually 3 inch or 4 inch outer diameter at the top and tapered down to fit most sewer pipes.
Thanks. The smallest taper won’t fit in so good idea to look for a smaller one. I’m headed out tomorrow so I’ll check the awedul camping world in Kissimmee.
primo20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 06:36 AM   #45

We ran into a issue this past week, while at a campground they offer free pump outs on non sewer sites, anyway their hose only had the normal sewer hose hook ups which will not match the Wastemaster, we ended up removing their mount and holding the 2 units together at another hose fitting to get it to work. Looks like I might be trying to make up a adapter incase we encounter this again.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 06:47 AM   #46
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
We ran into a issue this past week, while at a campground they offer free pump outs on non sewer sites, anyway their hose only had the normal sewer hose hook ups which will not match the Wastemaster, we ended up removing their mount and holding the 2 units together at another hose fitting to get it to work. Looks like I might be trying to make up a adapter incase we encounter this again.
That's easy.... The Lippert "Back to the Bayonet" adapter will solve your issues... I use one with my "old" RhinoFlex sewer "stuff" instead of the Waste Master. I bought mine on Ebay for $24.00 with free shipping.
Old 08-29-2018, 07:25 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLdr1 View Post
That's easy.... The Lippert "Back to the Bayonet" adapter will solve your issues... I use one with my "old" RhinoFlex sewer "stuff" instead of the Waste Master. I bought mine on Ebay for $24.00 with free shipping.
Great thanks, probably cheaper them making one myself
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forester