Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2018, 11:24 AM   #1

Water intrusion

Have a Sunseeker 2500TS, new. Small amount of water is entering storage compartment directly beneath water heater, which is beneath the kitchen window. Similar experience/advice?
GigSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 11:56 AM   #2
2014 SunSeeker 2300

I'm not familiar with your particular rig but I be more suspicious of the window. If it's new I would take it back to the dealer and ask for an extended warranty that the leak is fixed or they will repair any damage. I did this on a fifth wheel some years ago and two years later they finally found the cause and replaced the majority of the living room floor and floor covering. No argument at all. Their fault.
Old 01-24-2018, 12:33 PM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Is the compartment wet when it doesn't rain? Could be slow leak in a water line. Dry the area, turn on water and see if any moisture/water develops. Of course it will help if it's dry out.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 01:14 PM   #4

I have had wet storage compartments after hard rain. In my case, the 10 year old storage door seals had shrunk and pulled away from the corners. I just filled in the void areas with the same thickness of clear silicone sealer and it now seals fine. You may notice that older window seals have the same problem at corners.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 01:33 PM   #5
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Not trying to pass off giving advice but water leaks are one of those things that is awfully hard to give good advice about when we are not there in person to see what is happening.

Water can (and does) wick from places far away from where it shows up.
Couple that with the possibility of a slight plumbing leak and all bets are off.

If it is new, you need to return to your dealer or find someone reputable that can locate and repair the leak for you.

Not what you wanted to hear I'm sure but I'm simply pointing out the fact that on this issue, you could get 6 pages of suggestions and not one of them be helpful for your particular condition.

BTW... second post... WELCOME!

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water