Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2023, 08:36 PM   #1

water leak

I have a 2017 forester river 2801qs gts

when I have a gentle rain I have no water leak

during a heavy downpour I have water coming in and standing on the ledge between the bed and the wardrobe when the bed slide and the wardrobe slide are extended out. I have looked but cannot find how the water is getting in, I am hoping someone else has experienced this problem and found a solution.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 10:59 PM   #2

Had a similar issue once. Tracked to a side marker light that needed to be resealed. Check caulking/seals on outside walls
bradw661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 08:24 AM   #3
Certified Curmudgeon

Under Cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegoose View Post
I have a 2017 forester river 2801qs gts

when I have a gentle rain I have no water leak

during a heavy downpour I have water coming in and standing on the ledge between the bed and the wardrobe when the bed slide and the wardrobe slide are extended out. I have looked but cannot find how the water is getting in, I am hoping someone else has experienced this problem and found a solution.
The wardrobe slide is irrelevant since it does not contact the little nightstand.
Your issue is the seal when the bed slideout is extended. Check the slide out cover with the slide closed. Make sure it is aligned, the rail is attached to the rear wall and there are no rips or holes in the fabric along the stitching. Then check the inside sweep for function and top of the slide for debris. Then check the side seals for indications of failure. You should also check the side and top facia for proper mount integrity. They should not be loose.

If all is good above, extend the slide. Now you can check the topper fabric. It should be taut with no rips. Next is the top sweep. It should be over the side sweeps and extend well past the edge of the slide. Insure it contacts the slide top from side to side. Side sweeps are next. No folds and contact with the side of the slide everywhere except where the gear racks are. The bottom seal is not a factor. It basically is a two piece semi hard and soft sweep that keeps bugs and dust out (hopefully).

At this point if you have not discovered a problem then it is likely that the water is traveling along the gear rack and running down the H channel frame. The solution for that is a water pig on the corian and make sure the caulking is good so the walls do not get wet. That can happen on any of your slides. It all depends on wind direction and water volume.

Tags
leak, water, water leak