Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2014, 03:06 PM   #1

Water Leak

Have the Sunseeker 2 weeks and has not left my driveway. Water running out from under the refrigerator. Water not hooked up and pump off. Turned on the refrig. yesterday for our maiden trip tomorrow. Looks like the drain tube from the refrig. is mounted against the top of the outside opening so water is running under the refrig. onto the floor , then into center of the room. I added to the tube and tied it at the bottom so water will run out the front onto the ground. Floor tile loose and wood(particle board) styles swelling and cracking.
The floor under the refrig. is coated with black plastic tar. Should the outside edge be sealed so water cannot get under the refrig.? Water is running down the hole where wires and propane line go down. The plastic material is gobbed up around the wire and line. Hard to add any more sealent in this area.

J. V.
J. V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 09:54 AM   #2

If this is a brand new camper it should go back to the dealer
kswing60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 04:12 PM   #3

There is a water drain line that drains the melt from inside the fridge. Access the outside panel and you will see a black hose. This needs to be redirected to the outside. It may fit thru a slot like mine. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1413234669.992992.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	597.0 KB
ID:	64682

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 04:15 PM   #4

Yep, back to dealer after your trip. FR really needs to rethink the fridge drain.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 02:44 PM   #5
Commercial Member

The fridge drain should mount just above the open slots on the outside panel. Those are open and louvered below.

We use to run it through the hole and when people opened the panel they never put the hose back through, so it should stub right above the hole to drain out. Must have gotten misaligned somewhere,

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 08:15 PM   #6

Drain Hose

The hose was wire tied at the top of the opening cut so short it did not reach the outside cover. I added a foot and cut the tie and moved to the floor, sticking out so it drains to the ground. Someone at the factory did not get the memo on where to put the drain. I put a towel around the wires and another under the refrig. No more damage, but front of the cabinet will need replaced and floor tile reglued. Will take to dealer when maiden trip is over.

Found that Jensen TV will have to go back also. Volume set at 100% and can hardly her it. Using Jensen dash unit to surround sound for sound; really sounds good, but still want tv working right.

Cannot get any signal from outside cable connection to input to looped connection into antenna booster. Ran cable to satellite receiver through window.

J. V.
Old 10-15-2014, 08:45 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Did you make sure the Antenna booster was off? (Little black button on plate where 12v TV connection is)

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 12:21 PM   #8

water leak 2015 3050s

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Did you make sure the Antenna booster was off? (Little black button on plate where 12v TV connection is)
I removed the booster and looped wire boxes and ran a parallel wire to check continuity with meter. None on main lead or shield. Wire must be into somewhere. I cannot see where it goes after leaving center of the cabinets nor how it gets out of the slide to behind TV. I see the coax from entering wall at corner under bed to center of kitchen cabinets.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:52 PM   #9

Is there a splitter in route? Pretty common cause.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 01:16 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrette View Post
There is a water drain line that drains the melt from inside the fridge. Access the outside panel and you will see a black hose. This needs to be redirected to the outside. It may fit thru a slot like mine. Attachment 64682Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
I hot glued nylon screen to the back side of my fridge hatch to keep out
wasps. I then poked my drain thru a hole in the screen similar to the picture posted by Garrette but I put a square of screen over the end of
the drain tube held in place by zip tie to keep the bugs out of the tube!

There is some sort of insect around here that just loves to plug holes like
that drain tube with rotting vegetable matter! It smells like manure. I assume it's some sort of food for larva to be included in the mix somewhere! UGH!
2016 Evergreen Everlite 242RBS
29' empty nest model. Blue Ox WD hitch
(1 queen bed, large main cabin and huge bathroom)
Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41, 2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63, 2018-75, 2019-32, 2020-41, 2021-49, 2022-43, 2023-66
KyDan is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, water, water leak