Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2016, 08:35 AM   #1

Water Stains in Interior Ceiling

Had some water leakage up front in the cab and now the soft vinyl ceiling in the sleeping area over the cab has some water stains. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of the stains.? The RV is only 15 months old but the roof caulkng has already cracked. Our bad we never checked the roof but we thought a new RV would last longer than that. Won't make that mistake again! Dealer has fixed the roof but we're still looking at the water strains. Thanks for suggestions.
Old 09-28-2016, 09:16 AM   #2

Dealer would not address the ceiling stains too ?
Decon Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 09:39 AM   #3

The RV is out of warranty and the dealer was in northern Maine, not home in Maryland. This came up during a trip.
Old 09-28-2016, 10:14 PM   #4

Hey I'm in md as well ! - those stains on the soft touch ceiling will not come out as far as I could see. I actually took it down to get rid of the mold and tried bleach, oxyclean etc on the back of the sheet under the foam to no avail. I ended up replacing the front cab soft touch ceiling panel (part is $150 at CW) just FYI. Honestly though if you stopped the leak and there's no mold just get a white fabric paint maybe ?
skylilymd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 10:33 PM   #5

I looked for the replacement part and couldn't find it. Any more description?
Old 09-29-2016, 01:35 PM   #6

If you can paint the ceiling, use Kilz primer. I believe it only comes in white. That will completely cover the stain. If it is really bad might need 2 coats.
RitaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 05:59 PM   #7
P47

Water leak over cab bunk in our 2 yr old Solera due to cracked / bad seams on roof

Had same thing happen to our 2015 Solera had to pay dealer hundreds of dollars to reseal joints ! Dealer said roof should be resealed every year for $200 ! That's crazy ! I'll try Kilz paint first on interior before replace or covering it over on interior ! Dealer said a few running lights on front did not have gasket or sealant at all !
P47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 07:08 PM   #8
2012 Solera

I haven't had this problem, so no experience. Just a thought - considered PlastiDip? I did use it on my awning - seemed to cover the defect I wanted covered nicely. If you don't like it, apparently you can peel it back off. Obviously, important to test "on an inconspicuous area" first.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000981AA2...475194178&sr=1
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 07:43 PM   #9
Salem Cruise Lite Owner

Water stains in ceiling

I like the Kilz idea as I have some stains also. Two marker lights leaked on my Cruise Lite @ two years old. This was discovered by a pressure check. The marker light leak is responsible for the stain.
Bushbunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 11:33 PM   #10

ceiling stains

Kills sells a spray paint for slightly faded white ceilings. Dont remember what its called but it matched my ceilings at home and could not tell it was touched up. I think its about the same shade as the ceilings in my RV. I know its called up-shot but dont remember the color name. For a couple of bucks it worth a try, Just spray very lightly and several coats.

Ron & Joanne
Bella The chihuahua
2014 Georgetown XL 377
2007 Jeep Liberty
ron377ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 05:02 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormturner View Post
Had some water leakage up front in the cab and now the soft vinyl ceiling in the sleeping area over the cab has some water stains. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of the stains.? The RV is only 15 months old but the roof caulkng has already cracked. Our bad we never checked the roof but we thought a new RV would last longer than that. Won't make that mistake again! Dealer has fixed the roof but we're still looking at the water strains. Thanks for suggestions.
did you ever resolve the stain problem, if so, how
jameshort620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 03:25 PM   #12

What we use in our condominiums in order to avoid painting when we have roof leaks that otherwise haven’t damaged the drywall is a product called instagone. Since it does bleach if you can take down the header and spray outside might be worth a shot. Wear old clothes. It takes a few minutes for it to work and if stains are large it might take several applications.
SunseekerFL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water