Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2008, 05:28 PM   #1

Water Tanks

I have three tanks on my SS3100. I have a black, gray and galley. I remember the the black is for the toilet but what items flow into the gray and the galley tanks?

I was testing it out and I could not get my gray tank to indicate full. Is it for the bathroom sink only or does it also receive water from the shower?
woodiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 06:45 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodiel View Post
I have three tanks on my SS3100. I have a black, gray and galley. I remember the the black is for the toilet but what items flow into the gray and the galley tanks?

I was testing it out and I could not get my gray tank to indicate full. Is it for the bathroom sink only or does it also receive water from the shower?
black is toilet
grey is usually the shower and sink in bathroom
galley is the kitchen sink, we fill up our kitchen pretty fast,
Old 02-17-2008, 06:45 PM   #3

I have a wildwood LE with one black, two grey, one fresh.

one grey is shower and sink in bathroom--33 gallon
one grey is the sink in the kitchen, gally---33 gallon

one black is commode--35

fresh water--50 gallon
wildwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 07:04 PM   #4

Update on my 3100S tanks

I have four tanks. The 2007 Sunseeker 3100S broacher only list three tanks. They list a black (27 gallons ) a gray (47 gallons) and the fresh (40 gallons) and they do not mention a galley tank at all. My RV has four indicators on the panel that indicate galley, gray, black and fresh.

The owner's manual doesn't mention the capacities other than what is mentioned above. I know for a fact that the galley tank is used for the kitchen sink and the shower, the toilet sink uses only the gray tank and of course the black is the sewage. My next task is to find the capacities for the gray and galley tank. I hope the galley tank is the largest of the two since I will use the shower and the kitchen sink often.

I wish the manufacture would produce a quality manual to go along with the $$$ RV's especially for us newby's.

Thanks for your replies
woodiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 09:58 PM   #5
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodiel View Post
I wish the manufacture would produce a quality manual to go along with the $$$ RV's especially for us newby's.
I agree. Every RV manual I've owned was terrible, incomplete, and full of info that didn't pertain to my unit at all.

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 06:12 AM   #6

The manuals are not up to date because, the manufactures are changing there design in mid production and the paper work is the last thing that's completed, If it gets don at all! My camper had over 6 revision made before the end of it's production year in 2006. It is a possibility if you buy your camper at the end of the model your manual my be up to date, I bought my 2006 early Spring, around March.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:03 PM   #7

I would take a look at how the gray/galley tanks are plumbed. I have a gray and galley tank on my 2008 2701SS (both 25 gallons). It looks like the shower goes to one tank and the bathroom and kitchen sink go to the other one. But they are plumbed in such a way that one will fill up the other. They are joined at a Y before the dump valve. This means I really have one large 50 gallon gray tank which suits me just fine.

Tom
tomhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:25 PM   #8

I just looked at my new manual. It was a disappointment. It is a generic thin book that includes TT and Fifth wheels. It doesnt deal much with the systems, they depend on individual appliance manuals to provide info.

I could use more info on piping, tank sizes, how the tanks are plumbed, electrical wiring, etc. I agree with your assessment. The good thing is the systems are very simple and can be understood fairly quickly by climbing up underneath and looking around at the plumbing, if it isnt covered.

Some dealers will take the time and explain them but due to time limitations and the desire to sell, sell, sell, they only give you genl overview that will not cover a lot of details.

I still need to learn how to winterize , and understand more the assembly of the rv, but it should be simple , i just need to open up some panels and look at the plumbing.

Thankfully, much can be learned here, a lot of good info and friendly people here.
Old 02-18-2008, 02:40 PM   #9

The manuals are my beef too! If its so hard why can't the manufacturers use the ring binder approach and delete/replace pages as changes are made to each model. My manual was so generic it really didn't help me as a first time camper owner.
steveqvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 05:34 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveqvs View Post
The manuals are my beef too! If its so hard why can't the manufacturers use the ring binder approach and delete/replace pages as changes are made to each model. My manual was so generic it really didn't help me as a first time camper owner.
surely you jest?
i sorted mine out and made up a binder with important stuff.
powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:18 PM   #11

I called FR today and discussed some items with them. The guy I talked to was very helpful and friendly. He returned my call within about 2 hours and my email before the end of the day, I was pleasingly surprised. He answered some questions i had on my tanks and tire info ratings. He also mentioned that FR produces so many models it is hard to make an individual manual for each rv with all drawings etc. He explained that even the dealers dont have the info we often ask for.

He confirmed i have grey capacity of about 66 gallon, he suspects I have two 33 gallon tanks, one for kitchen sink, one for bathroom shower/sink.

Have a great time camping

Tags
sunseeker le