Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2012, 07:28 PM   #1

what are valves for?

I am a newbie and purchased a used 2012 Sunseeker 2450. There are three valves under the bed and one valve in the compartment for the water pump. None are marked. Does anyone know what they are for and which one is water heater bypass? I am going to have to winterize shortly and need this info. Thank you in advance
hankwilliamsjrjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:36 PM   #2
Missing Link

The three under bed is for the by pass. And the one by the pump should have another house connected to it to draw anti freeze from jug.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:00 PM   #3

The ones under the bed are the heater bypass. To winterize, turn the upper and lower one perpendicular to the water lines (closed) and the center one parallel to the line (open) .

The valve in the compartment with the water pump is the fresh water tank drain and cold water low point drain. When you open it, water will drain out under the RV. The hot water low point drain is right next to it under the RV. It has a plug on the end to remove for draining.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:06 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankwilliamsjrjr View Post
I am a newbie and purchased a used 2012 Sunseeker 2450. There are three valves under the bed and one valve in the compartment for the water pump. None are marked. Does anyone know what they are for and which one is water heater bypass? I am going to have to winterize shortly and need this info. Thank you in advance
Two of the valves under the bed stop water from entering (blue) and leaving (red) the water heater. Once they are closed you can drain the heater and no more will enter. The last valve under the bed is the bypass and that simply short circuits the water heading to the heater into the hot water piping so you can have flow into the entire piping system. For draining and A/F fill for winterizing. So therefore two isolate the heater and the 3rd skips around the heater.

Take a snapshop of the existing arrangement both locations, it will make it easier to make it right in a few months.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:13 PM   #5

Thanks to everyone for the help on the valves!! Hopefully I can winterize it for the first time with no problems.
hankwilliamsjrjr is offline   Reply With Quote