Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2017, 08:10 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 25
What is this plug for????

Picked up my 2018 3011DS the other day, when going thru the PDI the guy did not know what this plug was for and I can't find anything in the book about it.

What are your thoughts????
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0572.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	216.6 KB
ID:	154354   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0573.jpg
Views:	479
Size:	166.6 KB
ID:	154355  
Shadogang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 08:39 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Steeljag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Central, Fl.
Posts: 1,326
Interesting, unless it is tucked back in there, I do not see it on mine !
__________________
2018 Forester 3011DS (Purchased 04/26/17)
2010 Flagstaff 26 RLSS (Sold 05/16)
2012 Ford F-150 Ecoboost, Screw, H/D, 3.73
1930 lbs CCC
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
Going where the weather suits my clothes.
Steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 08:43 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 25
Thinking it is a plug that shouldn't be out in the open and probably got caught between the dog house and dash when R&Ring the Dog house.
Shadogang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 08:44 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Port Richey Florida
Posts: 640
Thatís to power up the Left Handed Squeegee Sharpener. Itís a highly recommended option for dull squeezes.
Decon Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 09:48 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
grumpy0374's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,452
The Ford commercial vans have an option for switches that are installed where the coin holder/cubby is located above the radio. As the E-450 is commercial based it may be the plug for those switches.
Wireing harness for the Fords are basically the same, and include the plugs for "stuff", even if that "stuff" isn't used.
Grumpy
__________________
Steve & Cheryl + Zoey, and Ziggy, our furry kids.

2012 Forrest River Lexington 283ts
Toad, 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 09:53 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
grumpy0374's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decon Blue View Post
That’s to power up the Left Handed Squeegee Sharpener. It’s a highly recommended option for dull squeezes.
Normally the power supplied to the Left Handed Squeegee Sharpener is spliced into the Right Hand Combination AM/FM/CB/TV Power Retractable Internal/External Antenna.
The Squeegee will only operate properly when the radio is in FM mode, and playing country music. That plug is located behind the right front headlight, right below the battery.
It is clearly marked in all Ford wireing diagrams.
Also, be advised there is NO Right Handed Squeegee Sharpener. The Ford Engineers determined that if standing outside of the vehicle, looking at the front of said vehicle, the Left Handed Squeegee Sharpener then becomes the Right Handed Squeegee Sharpener. They figured that having 2 Squeegee Sharpeners would be much too confusing to repair tech's at Ford Dealerships.
Grumpy
__________________
Steve & Cheryl + Zoey, and Ziggy, our furry kids.

2012 Forrest River Lexington 283ts
Toad, 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 10:09 AM   #7
Empty Nesters
 
KenandCarol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Santa Maria, CA
Posts: 361
I believe that it is a connector for the dealer to retrieve diagnostic codes from when doing maintenance. They connect a reader to that connection and can access the on board computer. I have it on my E450 also.
__________________
2017 Sunseeker 2250 24' MH
KenandCarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 10:14 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Port Richey Florida
Posts: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy0374 View Post
Normally the power supplied to the Left Handed Squeegee Sharpener is spliced into the Right Hand Combination AM/FM/CB/TV Power Retractable Internal/External Antenna.
The Squeegee will only operate properly when the radio is in FM mode, and playing country music. That plug is located behind the right front headlight, right below the battery.
It is clearly marked in all Ford wireing diagrams.
Also, be advised there is NO Right Handed Squeegee Sharpener. The Ford Engineers determined that if standing outside of the vehicle, looking at the front of said vehicle, the Left Handed Squeegee Sharpener then becomes the Right Handed Squeegee Sharpener. They figured that having 2 Squeegee Sharpeners would be much too confusing to repair tech's at Ford Dealerships.
Grumpy
I bow to you sir , you are the master !!
Decon Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 10:14 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
grumpy0374's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenandCarol View Post
I believe that it is a connector for the dealer to retrieve diagnostic codes from when doing maintenance. They connect a reader to that connection and can access the on board computer. I have it on my E450 also.
I think what your referring to is the OBD port, which on E-450's is located at the bottom edge of the lower dash, to the right of the steering column. If sitting in the drivers seat, it's just above your right knee.
Grumpy
__________________
Steve & Cheryl + Zoey, and Ziggy, our furry kids.

2012 Forrest River Lexington 283ts
Toad, 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 10:17 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
grumpy0374's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decon Blue View Post
I bow to you sir , you are the master !!
Thank you sir for recognizing my total inability and illogical way of determining that where no problem exists, one can always find a way to produce one.
Now, if I could only figure out how my muffler bearing sensor went bad.......
Grumpy
__________________
Steve & Cheryl + Zoey, and Ziggy, our furry kids.

2012 Forrest River Lexington 283ts
Toad, 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 10:23 AM   #11
Empty Nesters
 
KenandCarol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Santa Maria, CA
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy0374 View Post
I think what your referring to is the OBD port, which on E-450's is located at the bottom edge of the lower dash, to the right of the steering column. If sitting in the drivers seat, it's just above your right knee.
Grumpy
Exactly what I was referring to...thanks.
__________________
2017 Sunseeker 2250 24' MH
KenandCarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 12:14 PM   #12
Just as confused as you
 
Scrapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: south central Wisconsin
Posts: 5,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy0374 View Post
Thank you sir for recognizing my total inability and illogical way of determining that where no problem exists, one can always find a way to produce one.
Now, if I could only figure out how my muffler bearing sensor went bad.......
Grumpy
You forgot to grease the sensor, the bearing doesn't require greasing.
__________________
Richard & Jill
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS Classic Super Lite
2018 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Z71 4WD All Star Edition
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 12:20 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
grumpy0374's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,452
That's probably it. I know the bearing is a sealed bearing, so I figured the sensor was also sealed.
My bad.
Grumpy
__________________
Steve & Cheryl + Zoey, and Ziggy, our furry kids.

2012 Forrest River Lexington 283ts
Toad, 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 12:25 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Vince and Charlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Spring Valley OH
Posts: 829
Disagree! Unless the industry has reengineered the OBD port, that's not what it is.
__________________
2018 Berkshire 38A
Vince and Charlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 12:29 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
rlh1957's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Southeast
Posts: 1,047
Love the humor and the info of this site. Serious but we still get our laughs.
rlh1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 12:49 PM   #16
2014 SunSeeker 2300
 
Awilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Southern Iowa
Posts: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decon Blue View Post
I bow to you sir , you are the master !!
I am literally ROFL!
__________________
. We are now retired and living the dream! 2014 2300 SunSeeker without slides that we remodeled inside for better living conditions for two people.
Awilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 12:52 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Stockdale Texas
Posts: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
You forgot to grease the sensor, the bearing doesn't require greasing.
No that's not it either. It because the air filter lid is flipped over in an attempt to gain better gas mileage. This causes the muffler bearing to be confused from too much air flow.
ard58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 02:30 PM   #18
Just as confused as you
 
Scrapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: south central Wisconsin
Posts: 5,108
I flipped the air filter lid on my '63 Impala and didn't have any problems with the muffler bearing. But it may be when I put a new filter in I found a round ball in there and threw it out. Your saying that I shouldn't have done that?
__________________
Richard & Jill
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS Classic Super Lite
2018 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Z71 4WD All Star Edition
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 02:54 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Stockdale Texas
Posts: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
I flipped the air filter lid on my '63 Impala and didn't have any problems with the muffler bearing. But it may be when I put a new filter in I found a round ball in there and threw it out. Your saying that I shouldn't have done that?
Was it wooden or rubber ball?
ard58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 03:01 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Sagecoachdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,058
Congratulations on the new Forester!
My guess, plug for brake controller or maybe engine block heater?. Someone needs to ask Ford.
__________________
2004 Winnebago Minnie 22e(went to a nice family Oct 3, 2015)
2016 Forester 2701DS (Aug 31, 2015)
2017 Camping 12 trips 38 nights
2018 Camping 10 trips 38 nights
2019 Camping 6 trips 19 nights
2020 Camping 0 trips Cancellations 6
Sagecoachdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:07 AM.