Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2016, 10:08 PM   #1

What LED bulbs does FR use ?

Hello - I have a Forester with the puck lights in the ceiling and I'm trying to find a suitable replacement for the 20 w halogens. I have tried a couple of different ones off of Amazon but none of them are bright enough to come close to what the halogens are. Does anyone know what brand led forest river uses ? Or if you upgraded yours what brand did u use / where did u get them ? Thanks for any input I never thought finding light bulbs could be so frustrating
skylilymd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 12:38 PM   #2
Chief tinkerer

LED "Puck" Lights
I don't know if this will help you, but this is what I found in our 2017 Sunseeker. They are bright.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1471455420901.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	117578  

2017 SunSeeker 3010DS
Gidyupgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 01:49 PM   #3

Thank you for that it looks like that whole light is an assembly I have the older style where it's a halogen bulb specifically a G4 - I was wondering what replacements other people used for the older halogen bulbs
Old 08-20-2016, 02:10 PM   #4
BEFUDDELED MEMBER

.I started with about 5 different LEDs to evaluate. Eliminated 3 types; too blue and too dim, then purchased 6 of the remaining 2 types. The one at the bottom failed miserably. This type is still shinning bright. I bought 5 or 6 a month untill all incandescent bulbs were replace and a few spares just in case.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These are what I installed Sept, 14. Brighter than the incandescent and very close to same warm color. These are 250 lumins / 3 watt per bulb. 2 in my 2 bulb overhead lights put out more light than 2 inca. bulbs. in single lights , still brighter than bulbs. The cheap leds are 1 1/2 watt 125 lumins and really dim.

DW had me pull one led in each of the bedroom lights as was too bright in bedroom.
I have not had any led failures of the above leds

Greatly reduced 12v draw on batteries when boon-docking.
Read the Reviews, most are rv applications.

DO NOT BUY THESE !!!!!.
I tried a half doz of these NONE LASTED MORE THAN 3 OR 4 MONTHS
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Viet combat vet USNR, DAV, VFW, CCL. SASS
shooter2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 03:23 PM   #5

Thanks for all the info that is a very detailed post with lots of good information - my goal here is to create a post where people in the future with different kinds of bulbs can see which LEDs are worth buying because just like you I have purchased about five different kinds and totally wasted my money and time. My Forrester has the puck lights with the G4 (two small pins) bulbs - I do have a few of the 921 style bulbs in my storage compartments and in the Bunks but for the most part I have those G4 bulbs which appear to be the same as landscape lighting. I placed an order off Amazon today for the hero LED 30 W equivalent bulbs that are just a wide chip style - I will post on here what they look like when I get them on Monday (I ordered the warm white 3000k) - my problem with most of the bulbs i have tried is not the color it is the amount of light that they output - or more specifically my wife has a problem with the amount of light they output lol

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00U936CBE..._wTlUxbMX22CWN

Tags
led