Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2017, 09:23 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by brydle604 View Post
Roadmaster Steering Stabilizer
3 MaxAir Covers
bar for screen door
200 watt solar panels on roof
Changed out TV s for Samsung larger ones 3
Removed knife couch for 2 lazyboy recliners
Put high density foam in dinette seating
auto lighting in all inside cupboards and outside lockers
LED lighting through out coach and LED tail lights
Ice maker
Induction cook top
Electric water heater option
Countertop convection oven
Tire Pressure senders and monitor
Portable BBQ
LED awning lights
Engine monitor for trans temp, engine temp, gas mileage etc.
CB Radio
Digital TV antenna
Installed TV in Bedroom and blueray player
Sonos audio system
Water filter and pressure reducer
30 amp pug in electrical protector for surges, and low or high voltage protection
2 - 2000 watt Wen 56200ic inverter generators, with parallel kit, much quieter for boon docking
Separate monoxide and Propane detectors
John B.
2012 Sunseeker 3010 DS
Coquitlam B.C. Canada
That's a lot of stuff.
alexisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:27 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldtrev View Post
2 - Fan-tastic Fans with Vent Covers - Seriously you could ALMOST replace the AC with these things. - Easily the best mod on my list

520 Watt Solar - 40A Controller - With moderate sunlight it can easily run all my 12-volt appliances without touching the batteries.

Upgraded to 4 Group 27 Deep Cycle Batteries

12V - 24" Bedroom LED TV

ESI Cam With Magnetic Base to use as Rear View Cam while driving and backing up. I use 2 elastic bands and attach my phone to the rear view mirror.

Motor-home came with several 12V USB Charging stations so not technically a mod but a must have.
That's a lot of solar. Are you mostly dry camping?
Old 03-20-2017, 09:49 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexisc View Post
That's a lot of solar. Are you mostly dry camping?
Site without hookups tend to be way nicer.

Most of our camping is done in the mountains where the light conditions aren't ideal for smaller solar panels.
Old 03-22-2017, 07:55 AM   #24

just ordered Bilstien shocks all around and the steering stabalizer. People say it handles like its on rails once it done. I will let you know.

my other mods is max air covers

this is one mod i posted in the forum already its a life saver if you travel with kids

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tv-127866.html

i also for the firsst time took my used unit out went to fill it with fresh water and it began pouring out the side complartment door where the filter goes.

I will post pictures later but what happened is it was winterized by the rv dealer but they didnt get any antifrezze beetween the tank and the filter before the pump/ Water froze and broke the filter. This put a 2 hour delay in our trip as we had no water. i removed the panel to access this filter i will post all the pictures later. What i did was remove the filter and install the camco winterizing kit. Installing it at that location allows you to drain your fresh water tank and the pickup location insures that your pump gets antifrereze through it. no tto mention when i got back home i had to winterize the unit. it took me no more then 10 minutes and only 2 jugs of antifreeze. it was awsome.

Other mod was a second android box in the bedroon in the back which i will also post pics later.

a carchet 6 tire tire pressure monitoring system also.

i will be doing alot of stuff to my unit and will post as i go along.
Old 03-22-2017, 05:22 PM   #25

water mods

Favorite is adding a water board that allowed me to install a master water cut off inside the bay, added a watts water meter, put in a water hook up for the ice maker in the rear bay, and a spray hose for cleaning the jeep or the rv windsheild. The system runs on house water tank and pump, or city water. Access to the lines is in the shower trap cover on our 2300, split line and added a male and female connector, lay it out correctly and you can use the shorty hose that comes with a flo thru filter to return the layout to stock. The board in the pic is press fitted on the back wall (tail light wall). And no the opening was not square, left side about 1/4 inch taller then the right side. I made a luan templete for a mock up.

It is nice to have a water hose and sprayer when dumping where no water access is available (or the hose offered at the dump is not as clean as you would wish) to run the black tank sprayer and final wash down.

Also added (more water) extended pex lines for both cold low drain point and HW to the rear of the coach (winterizing is no longer a water sport, Dont crawl under the coach no more) with brass valves for each in the pump bay. While I re designing the water ways I removed the whole house filter and use a flow thur prior to the coach inlet. I empty all water lines and tanks btw rv runs. Now just unscrew the filter, drain, and throw the filter in the freezer until the next trip.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	37396-albums2177-picture14032.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	132503  
Attached Images

"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Check out the "mods" in the albums
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 09:06 PM   #26

Very impressive, Hoglou. I just bought a watts regulator. I don't like leaving it outside and am trying to find a place inside to put it, but as yet have not come up with a way. I am certainly not comfortable with plumbing mods. I will have to get the dealer to open the area behind the toilet and put a shutoff valve there.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 04:29 PM   #27

thanks,

Like you I did not want my expensive watts sitting outside. The push was the icemaker we bought from overstock. We drink "adult bevs" that require the frozen water. Depending on your unit find where the city water line comes in, ours is inside the p trap cover for the shower. Start with just by adding a male / female hose fitting in the line after the the water feed and experiement from there.

Next up is replacing the generic 951 bay locks.
Old 03-24-2017, 01:23 PM   #28

draining experience

Here is a pic of the relocated low point and HW drain hoses. All of the water on the concrete is from the wash we just did.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170324_135040.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	262.9 KB
ID:	132697  
Old 03-31-2017, 10:26 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
just ordered Bilstien shocks all around and the steering stabalizer. People say it handles like its on rails once it done. I will let you know.

my other mods is max air covers

this is one mod i posted in the forum already its a life saver if you travel with kids

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tv-127866.html

i also for the firsst time took my used unit out went to fill it with fresh water and it began pouring out the side complartment door where the filter goes.

I will post pictures later but what happened is it was winterized by the rv dealer but they didnt get any antifrezze beetween the tank and the filter before the pump/ Water froze and broke the filter. This put a 2 hour delay in our trip as we had no water. i removed the panel to access this filter i will post all the pictures later. What i did was remove the filter and install the camco winterizing kit. Installing it at that location allows you to drain your fresh water tank and the pickup location insures that your pump gets antifrereze through it. no tto mention when i got back home i had to winterize the unit. it took me no more then 10 minutes and only 2 jugs of antifreeze. it was awsome.

Other mod was a second android box in the bedroon in the back which i will also post pics later.

a carchet 6 tire tire pressure monitoring system also.

i will be doing alot of stuff to my unit and will post as i go along.
Would love to know your thoughts after installing the shocks and steering stabilizer!
Old 03-31-2017, 10:41 PM   #30
Ami

FYI, if you get a front end alignment on your ford sunseeker within the first 30 days, it will be covered under warranty be FR.
Ami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 10:46 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ami View Post
FYI, if you get a front end alignment on your ford sunseeker within the first 30 days, it will be covered under warranty be FR.
Really? Is this documented somewhere?
Old 04-01-2017, 03:33 AM   #32
Ami

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexisc View Post
Really? Is this documented somewhere?
I was told about it on here from other owners. I called and spoke to the man who runs the service dept. ( I forget his name) and asked him about them covering the alignment under warranty when I get my new MH. He said they will....as long as you have it done within the first 30 days of purchase. After the first 30 days they won't.
Old 04-01-2017, 08:10 PM   #33

Quote:
I was told about it on here from other owners. I called and spoke to the man who runs the service dept. ( I forget his name) and asked him about them covering the alignment under warranty when I get my new MH. He said they will....as long as you have it done within the first 30 days of purchase. After the first 30 days they won't.
I wonder if you need to contact FR first for approval. I might try this... just been looking at some other people who had issues because they did not get an alignment and it sounds like Ford doesn't do a factory alignment because they don't know what's going to be built on their chassis. Makes sense.
Old 04-01-2017, 08:32 PM   #34
Ami

Actually, from what I have been told on here, the front end is aligned to specs when it leaves Ford. However, once they put the house on the chassis, it throws it out of alignment and it needs to go to a Ford dealer who works on MH's to be realigned. It was also suggested to get new springs and a stabilizer bar for the steering.
Old 04-03-2017, 12:02 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin and Bev View Post
GEEMAN:
I also want to replace the dinette with two recliners. What recliners did you use? And I am looking at the door and wondering how I'd even get them in through such a small opening.
Do you have pics?

Kevin
Many recliners can be disassembled to help with getting through small openings.
Old 04-03-2017, 12:38 PM   #36

Quote:
I've heard 30 days or between 2000 - 3000 miles so front end can "settle in". Mine just passed 2000 but it took me 60 days to get there. By "the man who runs the service dept" , are you speaking of Forest River? I need to call him. Thanks.
Old 04-03-2017, 12:39 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netgain View Post
Many recliners can be disassembled to help with getting through small openings.
I saw later that this has already been addressed.
Old 04-03-2017, 03:18 PM   #38
Ami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netgain View Post
I've heard 30 days or between 2000 - 3000 miles so front end can "settle in". Mine just passed 2000 but it took me 60 days to get there. By "the man who runs the service dept" , are you speaking of Forest River? I need to call him. Thanks.
Yes, I am talking about the head service man at the Forest River Plant.
Old 04-07-2017, 02:04 PM   #39
Chief tinkerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoglou View Post
Here is a pic of the relocated low point and HW drain hoses. All of the water on the concrete is from the wash we just did.
I like that setup.

2017 SunSeeker 3010DS
Gidyupgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 02:08 PM   #40
Chief tinkerer

Ordered Mings 12v oil rubbed bronze reading lights to replace the too bright LED ones over the bed and recliners. FR must have gotten a lot of feedback that the lights weren't bright enough, but jeez, we're not doing surgery.

2017 SunSeeker 3010DS
Gidyupgo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, sunseeker