Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-23-2020, 09:46 AM   #1

Why the Sunseeker model number change

Does anyone know why Forest River changed the Sunseeker 2290S to 2150SLE for the 2021's? The only difference I see is the 12volt compressor fridge. By any number it is a great classic floor plan!

Fun Boy Tours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 10:05 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun Boy Tours View Post
Does anyone know why Forest River changed the Sunseeker 2290S to 2150SLE for the 2021's? The only difference I see is the 12volt compressor fridge. By any number it is a great classic floor plan!
I don’t know the reason for the model shuffling, but are you sure the features are the same? The 2290S model number suggests it is a Classic model, while the 2150SLE number is an LE series model. The LE series have fewer features than the Classic series. Look closely at the standards/options chart on the brochure last page and you will see the differences between Classis and LE. Also, since the 2019 model year, Forest River has removed some features from Sunseeker Classic models as well, like the gas oven, vented range hood, cheaper kitchen faucet, DVD player in the house entertainment unit, fewer ceiling lights, etc.

Also note that the 2150SLE Ford version is built on the E-350 chassis whereas the 2290S Ford version was on the E-450. As a side note, the 2021 brochure has some errors, and it incorrectly lists the weight limits for the E-350. The E-350 rear axle should read 8500 pounds, not 9600.

As for the refrigerator, I believe all of the Sunseeker Classics and LEs went to the DC-only refrigerator for model year 2020 and 2021.
Old 11-23-2020, 10:05 AM   #3
Citrus County, Fl.

Just a quick reply and I am sure somebody will correct me if I am wrong but the LE designation is for the "leader" series which has less standard features. That ususally means no fiberglass running boards, no spare tire, 1 coach battery instead of 2, no heated enclosed holding tanks, no LP quick connect or full body paint option, no outside shower and maybe no automatic transfer switch for the generator, etc. The idea is to keep the price down to compete.

You can pull of both the specifications side by side and compare.
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 09:57 AM   #4

I'm a new owner of a 2018 Sunseeker 2290S (which I guess is now called a 2150--something). My RV manual (printed and online from the Owners section of the FR web site) isn't specific to this model at all. "If your Sunseeker came equipped with a [whatever] here's how it works."

I know this is an old thread, but it has useful info for me, and I just need a little more, if anyone can help. Specifically, where I can view and pull the specifications of my particular 2018 Sunseeker 2190S? need specifications and schematics of my particular model.

My RV is white, no full body paint. (Does that mean it's an LE?) It did come with a spare tire mounted underneath and two batteries. I don't think it has heated holding tanks. In the control panel, there's a plastic flat button above where it says "Arctic Mode" (or similar, not by the RV right now) ... looks like it should be a toggle but it isn't.

But does it have an auto-generator switch? I've never had one, would love one, how could I tell? I'm sure there are other questions that a specification list of this model would cover.

Thanks
AM
PS I did call ForestRiver and the guy couldn't help. Sigh. He didn't even know what the equivalent current model of the Sunseeker would be ... he guessed an LE.
amarie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 01:52 PM   #5
Certified Curmudgeon

Back to the future.

Insets italicized:

I'm a new owner of a 2018 Sunseeker 2290S (which I guess is now called a 2150--something). No, it is still a 2290S

My RV manual (printed and online from the Owners section of the FR web site) isn't specific to this model at all. "If your Sunseeker came equipped with a [whatever] here's how it works." All the “owners manuals” are generic. There are no real schematics posted however, you may be able to get a specific one if you have a need. This is what is available: https://forestriverinc.help/#/forest...nseeker/browse

I know this is an old thread, but it has useful info for me,
No, it does not.

and I just need a little more, if anyone can help. Specifically, where I can view and pull the specifications of my particular 2018 Sunseeker 2290S? need specifications and schematics of my particular model. You can find basic specs here: https://forestriverinc.com/brochures...erbrochure.pdf you can also find some floor plan diagrams in a stickey at the top.

My RV is white, no full body paint. (Does that mean it's an LE?)
No, it is not an LE. The fact that it does not have FBP means that it was many thousands of dollars cheaper than one that does.

It did come with a spare tire mounted underneath and two batteries.
All standard on the 2018 Classic Standard Series

I don't think it has heated holding tanks.
In the control panel, there's a plastic flat button above where it says "Arctic Mode" (or similar, not by the RV right now) ... looks like it should be a toggle but it isn't. Unlikely to have the arctic pac but really easy to tell by looking at one of the tanks. The heater is a pad glued to the tank and will have electric wires attached.

But does it have an auto-generator switch?
No it does not. An auto generator switch implies that the genset will start by itself under a predetermined condition. That is not even an option however you can install an aftermarket switch. What you do have is an automatic transfer switch. Its function is to automatically route 120VAC power to the coach from one of two sources, Shore power or Genset. Genset is the default.

I've never had one, would love one, how could I tell? I'm sure there are other questions that a specification list of this model would cover.
See above.

Lots of folks would be happy to answer your question. You might consider starting a new thread instead of resurrecting an unrelated thread.
Old 10-10-2021, 02:32 PM   #6

thanks! I appreciate the time you took.
Old 10-10-2021, 03:20 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarie1 View Post
I'm a new owner of a 2018 Sunseeker 2290S (which I guess is now called a 2150--something). My RV manual (printed and online from the Owners section of the FR web site) isn't specific to this model at all. "If your Sunseeker came equipped with a [whatever] here's how it works."

I know this is an old thread, but it has useful info for me, and I just need a little more, if anyone can help. Specifically, where I can view and pull the specifications of my particular 2018 Sunseeker 2190S? need specifications and schematics of my particular model.

My RV is white, no full body paint. (Does that mean it's an LE?) It did come with a spare tire mounted underneath and two batteries. I don't think it has heated holding tanks. In the control panel, there's a plastic flat button above where it says "Arctic Mode" (or similar, not by the RV right now) ... looks like it should be a toggle but it isn't.

But does it have an auto-generator switch? I've never had one, would love one, how could I tell? I'm sure there are other questions that a specification list of this model would cover.

Thanks
AM
PS I did call ForestRiver and the guy couldn't help. Sigh. He didn't even know what the equivalent current model of the Sunseeker would be ... he guessed an LE.

You are correct that there is no longer a 2290S in the ‘22 product line, and the same or similar floor plan is now a 2150SLE.

The 2018 Sunseeker brochure can be viewed here: https://www.forestriverinc.com/broch...erbrochure.pdf. Note that some brochures contain errors, and there is some overlap in RV model years. For example you could have an early build 2018 that is built like a 2017, but FR decided to call it a 2018. Also, the truck chassis model year is often not the same as the motorhome model year.

If your convenience center panel is labeled Arctic Pac, but there is no rocker switch there, your unit probably does not have the waste tank heat panels. Look for them on the tanks to confirm.

Owners manuals for Sunseekers are generic. FR does not publish a manual specific to your model and floor plan. The level of support in the RV industry is not like what you would find in the automotive industry.

All late model Sunseeker exteriors are white with stickers unless, when available, the full body paint option was purchased.
Old 10-13-2021, 09:14 AM   #8
Commercial Member

everyone is correct. the 2290 has been replaced with the 2150. It is essentially the same floorplan, however it has a few less options and standard features as our classic models. The overall construction is the same for both Classic and LE Models, its just that LE models have fewer options and missing some of the Classic standard features as pointed out in the post above.
karykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 11:28 AM   #9

Thank you Kary! Guess I lucked out in finding this used model.

Tags
sunseeker