Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2016, 03:14 PM   #1

Window opens when driving, failing drawer latches, and blue line on tv

We've been having a great time in our 3171DS. On a recent trip, the window next to the dinette started opening when we are driving. There seems to be a problem with the latch not holding. We push the handle in after closing, but the rough roads seem to shake it loose. Is there anything we can do to fix it, or will FR have to replace it? (We are still under warranty.) Also, we have had three latches on drawers/cabinets fail/break. Are there better latches we can install ourselves or should we have the same kind put in? Finally, the tv above the cab has a blue vertical line and the bedroom tv is missing pixels. I'm curious if these issues are covered by the warranty. We don't watch much tv, but it would be nice to have the tvs working properly. I know the Furion tvs are junk from reading the forum.

I know these are minor points, but we have an appointment with CW to fix the cracked plastic in the cab area, so thought we should take care of these other issues as well. Having spent two weeks roaming from Utah to California, we are happy that these are our only complaints!
Pixey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 11:47 PM   #2

Pixey , we had the same problem regarding the window opening up by the dinette. CW fixed it and no problem since. I think it was just a minor adjustment.
One major problem we are having with ours right now is the drivers side slide is out of adjustment again. It even tore the seal which is still on order. The DW still loves it overall. Sure will be glad when the trips back to CW end for warranty repairs.
2016 Forester 3171DS (ordered March & arrived June 2015)
benagi is offline   Reply With Quote