Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-23-2022, 11:09 AM   #21
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisParise View Post
Just a quick update.

I've exchanged a couple emails with the OP and although we don't have the same plumbing configurations in our 2860DS's his main question appears resolved.

He sent me a picture of his wet bay and I am pretty sure I identified one flexible (curved to fit in the wet bay at about 2' long) white low point drain line with a screw-on cap and one rigid vertical blue plumbing line down through and below the bottom of the wet bay with a valve on it. It appears his water pump is adjacent to the blue line and may be connected to it (but going from memory now)

I've suggested the blue line is a fresh water drain line fed by gravity and while he noted alot of water drained from it without the water pump on, I suggested turning the water pump on after the blue water line valve is opened MAY hasten emptying his fw tank (that's the only way I can empty mine but it's through a rigid translucent low point drain line with a screw-on cap)

All in all if Forest River managed to plumb all water lines to one common low point drain - kudos to FR - because I've got 4 low point drains on my 2006 2860DS

I mentioned the OP might want to look around for other low point drains just to be sure

Chris

Sent from my SM-A505U1 using Forest River Forums mobile app
You seen the photo and I didn't but the white flex line you describe in the wet bay with a cap is 'typically' the line used to pull in antifreeze. It is not a low point drain.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 10:58 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
You seen the photo and I didn't but the white flex line you describe in the wet bay with a cap is 'typically' the line used to pull in antifreeze. It is not a low point drain.
5picker, you may be correct. Then that would mean the rigid blue line with the valve empties all low point drains as well as the fresh water tank or it empties just the fresh water tank and there's a low point drain elsewhere - which I suggested the OP look for.

From the pictures received, I could not identify a connection from the flexible white line to the water pump suck side for antifreeze. I'll look again though.

The screw on cap on the flexible white line is the same style screw on cap as I have on my Sunseeker low point drains so I thought having that in common made sense to identify it as such.

Sent from my SM-A505U1 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Mohawk Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring
2013 AWD Acadia Denali, Blue Ox Equipped
ChrisParise is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
question, winter, winterizing