Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2016, 09:38 AM   #1

Alaska 2017

We are planning a trip from Georgia to Alaska in 2017 for our 50th wedding anniversary. Planning on going to Washington and Oregon first (business and it helps to pay for trip) then on up through Canada and into Alaska. We have to be in Washington and Oregon from April 22 -30th. First Washington then Oregon (wish it were the other way around) then on our way. We plan to do a little sightseeing in Oregon and Washington between the weeks. First week of May, we plan to begin the "Real" trip. We have flown to Alaska before and we both love it.

Watching the threads on Alaska as we prepare. Don't really plan on rushing the trip. Hoping a HS friend and his wife can make the trip at least part of the way. She has MS, but is a real fighter and her husband does a great job of making it work for her. He has redone a toy hauler to accommodate her scooter and wheel chair. Maybe we will see some of you wonderful folks along the way.

Bob, Diane & Snoopy
2018 3050s Sunseeker
Santabobswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 02:41 PM   #2

Maybe so, if our trip doesn't work out this year and if it does we plan to make a return trip in 17 and maybe 18 with a group

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 04:03 PM   #3

We're also planning a 2017 trip, but we're going from east to west. Leaving Va heading north and into Canada via Vt or NH. Then across the Trans Canada Hwy, and work our way up into Alaska.
Planning on at least 3 months, lot of stops along the way to take in as much as we can. No itinarary, maybe 200-250 miles a day.
Planning it for over a year now. Wife retires in March, and in late April, or early May, we hit the road.
Grumpy

2012 Forrest River Lexington 283ts
Toad, 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 08:22 PM   #4

This trip just didn't work for us. One thing I have learned on this trip is to make reservations. At all the big stops make reservations well ahead of time. The stops in between it doesn't matter much, you can always find a overnight spot along the way. We got started a little late and drove to many miles each day. We are both retired now and the last thing we need is be in a hurry.

Old 07-04-2016, 10:16 AM   #5

Just hitch your wagons, load your coaches and get up here. Take your time and enjoy the sights, stop as long as you want when you feel the need for some downtime.
I probably won't start back south until the first of August and then plan on taking another month to get back to Arizona.
Blackrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 05:44 PM   #6

I'm definitely going to Alaska in 2017, I'll make the reservations early at the big stops.