Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2021, 01:06 PM   #1

Anyone in Glacier National Park right now.

Would like a update from someone on locations about smoke in the park. I am schedule to check in Aug 13th -20th. Looking at webcams best I can. Not sure I want to drive all the way from Dallas area to be in smoke for a week. Any update on some one their would be grateful
ronthet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 05:23 PM   #2

Can't help you within the boundary of the park but I was in Kalispell for most of the day.
Some haze but not ground smoke. I'm now at McGregor Lake and it's mostly clear. Had a good rain yesterday. It's a crap shoot as to if there will be smoke in this part of Montana on Aug. 13th > There are a couple fires up by Yaak producing smoke but they are small. Keep checking https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/ for the latest fire info.

Best of luck - hope your trip works out.
Old Yesterday, 08:48 AM   #3

I live near Glacier Park. The smoke here has been bad. Many large fires that might contribute to smoke/haze in Glacier are all growing daily, with estimated dates of containment anywhere from September through October 30th. Most, if not all, of Montana is under Stage II fire restrictions, which includes no campfires.
Hoodoo is offline   Reply With Quote