Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2015, 02:18 PM   #21
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Oceanside and San Cleam. are next to Camp Pendleton, USMC base.,....Oceanside being a liberty town....just say'n
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 02:58 PM   #22
Site Team

Do a search on ReserveAmerica and if necessary create a notification in case sites open up due to cancelations. You are bound to get lots of view on what beach is best but taste can differ with each members. Doheny is dry camping but it's directly on the beach while some of the other campgrounds are on a buff. San Clements is one of my favorite spots to go which is funny because I hated it the first time I camped there.

PS
Play around with the date range option. Sometimes I can find a site if I'm willing to consider reducing the # of nights. Warning - you likely will have sticker price shock with CA state beach with hook ups.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 03:10 PM   #23
Site Team

Site 18 is open at San Clemente for 6 nights starting November 15. This is on a bluff but you could drive down to the beach entrance. Parking is free with your campground slip display.

Old 10-11-2015, 05:39 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
That's what I figured. That's the real problem with this "no plan" plan... it's weird as it is making reservations for next month much less further out than that. I'm stressing because we have plans that run through February.
Try Emma Wood state beach Ventura. reserve on line at reserveamerica.com All dry camping sites, no facilities at all. All sites on water but too rocky most places to call it Beach. If that is not doable Ventura RV Resort is about 200 yards inland, private so costly but full hookups and amenities
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 08:48 PM   #25

Camping at the Beach in SOCAL

Recommend you look at The Fountain of Youth, near the shore of the Salton Sea, south of Indio off HWY 111. Great park, lots to do, and the friendliest people you will ever meet! And, in Nov., there will be space!
www.foyspa.com

Hope to see you there!
Doxies Penny & Lucy
Located Western States
ustamiata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 09:33 PM   #26

Most of theLA/Ventura County campgrounds have last minute availability this time of year. Malibu, Leo Carrillo is the most picturesque beach & with privacy & beautiful 500 year old sycamores all around you. I was at Dockweiler a few wks. ago. ( I stay there to check on elderly Mom nearby.) There was trash & about 50 tampon applicators on just a short stretch of shoreline. The air stunk really BAD. The day after I left, family called to say the county shut it down for a broken line or something.. for several days. Kind of a ghetto park with lots of locals in older rigs coming to party in groups on the weekends, very noisy. Growing up on the beaches nearby, Dockweiler always had the reputation for being the worst beach in the area. Again, but it's all subjective to individual tastes. Hard to believe that such a huge city has such a lack of places for campers to stay.
mtnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 10:16 PM   #27

I believe Emma woods is first come first serve after 10/15. Pismo will likely have spaces available. There are three with hookups and then there is boon docking on the beach. We usually do that. You will need to air down 15-20 psi. There is a vender that has water and a pimp truck.
The private parks in Ventura and Newport are a little pricey.
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 10:28 PM   #28

Also if you are military or a vet there is a really nice one at point magu.
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 11:09 PM   #29

Try this one, San Luis Obispo County Parks Online Reservations
We used them for Oceano SB and others. I believe Pismo SB has camping on or off the beach. I am not sure if there are any spots left. But can always check for cancelled reservations.
Days camped in 2015-18, 0 Days so far
Days camped in 2019, (8)
This Space for Rent
Night Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 10:36 AM   #30

It depends on your targeted area; So. Cal., outlying cities or specifically in Los Angeles. With all the traffic and it's large size, you are talking about Pismo Bch. being approx. 4-5 hrs. north of LA. San Clemente is a couple hrs. south of LA. With the heavy freeway & surface streets congestion & daily accidents, what would be a quick drive in other areas can add a lot more time to drive a short distance.
mtnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 05:42 PM   #31

so cal

the Salton Sea at Bombay Beach or Salt creek, different place......
jfshagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 04:12 PM   #32

Military? Check the beach campground near San Onofre. You might get lucky....
http://www.mccscp.com/sanobeach
Bonniebp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 04:18 PM   #33

Beach in Southern California in November

San Diego area (private)
http://www.campland.com
Bonniebp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 04:45 PM   #34
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniebp View Post
Even with a Buy-one-get-one night offer from my dealer it was pretty pricy so I ended up passing.