Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2019, 04:02 PM   #1

Campground near Disneyland, Anaheim,CA

If you want to camp in Mickey's backyard (Anaheim RV) you better do it soon. The site has been sold and will be gone in 6 to 18 months. Sad to see a park that has been there for over 60 years make way for condos. That won't leave much in the way of campgrounds close to Disneyland. Another close by park was sold a few years ago to make a parking lot for Disney employees.
I'm not affiliated with Anaheim Rv and this is not an advertisement. You would be lucky to get a reservation if you called today so they don't need me drumming up business for them.. This is just a FYI.
Old 07-21-2019, 04:52 PM   #2
Always Learning

That’s super disappointing! We have been there twice and enjoyed it both times. The staff had been phenomenal to us.
Old 07-21-2019, 05:01 PM   #3

Follow the money..condos earn more tax money for Anaheim than an RV park.
Old 07-21-2019, 05:20 PM   #4

Other than being able to go to Disneyland, why would anyone want to camp in Anaheim?

I live an hour from Disneyland. Haven't been there in over 30 years.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 08:38 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
Other than being able to go to Disneyland, why would anyone want to camp in Anaheim?

I'm sure no one would. But for those who like the ease of camping close and being able to shuttle to the park it is a loss.

Other than that if I wanted to camp in Anaheim I might as well drive a few more miles south and camp in Tijuana.
Old 07-22-2019, 01:45 PM   #6

Anaheim

Staying at the Orangeland RV park in Anaheim allows us to walk to Angels Stadium to watch baseball. What used to be called the Anaheim Pond is walking distance to all the entertainment offer there. Shuttle service to Disneyland. Walk across the street for numerous dining options and movie theater. Short trip to the beach.
And it's a great park with friendly staff, nice pool and citrus fruit growing between spaces free for the picking.
BobEndeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 01:48 PM   #7
Always Learning

Friends have stayed at Orangeland and spoke highly of it. I guess that's where we'll end up next.
Old 07-22-2019, 05:07 PM   #8

Yes, I think Orangeland will be our only choice. I'm sure they will be over run with reservation requests.
Old 07-22-2019, 05:50 PM   #9
Multi-Slacker

Quote:
Lived in Anaheim in the late 70s. Part of the Berry Farm was free then - it's now a parking lot.

If one allowed the existence of "no traffic", I'd be an hour from there now. Reality says it is closer to 2 hours.

After too many years of training the mind to be ruthlessly logical and too many years off wear and tear on the body, wandering amusement parks loses its appeal. We've done our stints. In the 990s, I had to commute from Rancho Cucamonga to LA. Haven't been back since. Was really ugly after the 10 freeway broke in the Northridge quake and I had to cruise the hoods.
Old 07-23-2019, 08:19 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtPutnam View Post
Lived in Anaheim in the late 70s. Part of the Berry Farm was free then - it's now a parking lot.

If one allowed the existence of "no traffic", I'd be an hour from there now. Reality says it is closer to 2 hours.

After too many years of training the mind to be ruthlessly logical and too many years off wear and tear on the body, wandering amusement parks loses its appeal. We've done our stints. In the 990s, I had to commute from Rancho Cucamonga to LA. Haven't been back since. Was really ugly after the 10 freeway broke in the Northridge quake and I had to cruise the hoods.
How long has Knotts Berry Farm been gone ???
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 09:42 AM   #11
Multi-Slacker

The Berry Farm is still there - the free part is the parking lot.
Old 07-23-2019, 09:48 AM   #12

Quote:

I wouldn't go there either but I have a 7 month old grandson that might enjoy it someday. My first Disneyland visit was in 1956.
Old 07-23-2019, 10:53 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Friends have stayed at Orangeland and spoke highly of it. I guess that's where we'll end up next.
I'll vouch for Orangeland. Stayed there in 2018 for Anaheim Supercross, very nice park, super friendly staff and walk to the stadium.
nayther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 11:01 AM   #14
Always Learning

Plus Orangeland offers monthly sites for some parts of the year. Not a concern for most, but we wanted to do Dec or Jan one year and Anaheim RV wouldn't let us (maximum stay of 2 weeks).
Old 07-23-2019, 11:23 AM   #15

Even though I wasn't RVing just got back from a three day Disneyland tour with family from Portugal and also did three days of San Diego Zoo and Sea World. I'm glad it is over this would be my fourth and last time doing this just can't take the traffic anymore. One minute your going 80mph then to a complete stop. Nope never again.

2001 Ford F-350 DRW 7.3
2011 25 RL Wildcat
former fiver 1976 Fourwinds had for 35 years
onetonford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 11:28 AM   #16

We stayed at Anaheim harbor rv park and liked it. It is slightly closer.
cpttimerstraint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 09:05 AM   #17

When we lived in SoCal,,, on Friday afternoons we would hook up the Tent Trailer and head for Lake Elsinore, and camped with friends !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground, mpg