Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-27-2014, 08:50 PM   #1

Camping at the ThousandTrails preserves in California... any to Avoid or to def Hit?

Coming in from the East Coast in Jan, Feb and early March 2015... have never camped in CA. Most of the TT preserves on the East Coast are clean and well maintained... any thoughts on those in CA, which ones are a must see and which are must avoids? ones that are close to good stuff etc... Also I work online for my job so WIFI? any thoughts from anyone that have accesses the 1000 trails parks in CA. are they WIFI friendly and if not can you find a general 4G signal at most? thx
Kelsma03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 11:53 PM   #2

Stay out of Morgan hill thousand trails the place looks like a slum there's thieves and druggies the sheriffs are there all the time now it's gotten really bad no full hook ups and the electric is bad I usually go to San Benito its in Hollister Ca it's clean full hook ups
iceblaze580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 12:34 PM   #3
Swift2

We've heard the same thing about Morgan Hill. We live in the San Francisco area and travel most of northern California and all the thousand trails that we've gone to have Wi-Fi and are quite nice to stay in -- very clean. Our favorite park in northern California is Lake of the springs, which is the largest.
Swift 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 01:32 PM   #4

Camping at the ThousandTrails preserves in California... any to Avoid or to d...

Rancho oso is pretty nice so is lake minden I'm in the San Francisco area too even though Morgan hill is closer I rather go to San Benito
iceblaze580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 03:05 PM   #5

Happy travels to NorCal. We have stayed at the San Benito, lake of springs, sunflower and Lake Tahoe. Check encore as they cooperate with each other. All places nice depending on weather. Stay low at that time of year. All located in remote areas with Some problems with connections. I overall pretty nice. Can't beat price if staying a while. David

Cheers!
D5106ret is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping