Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2020, 02:10 PM   #21

We also have stayed at Flagg Ranch. Nice RV Campground and it backs up to the Snake River. It is convenient to both Yellowstone and Jackson Hole.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...k_Wyoming.html

Flagg Ranch Wyoming is conveniently located between Yellowstone National Park and Grand Teton National Park. This resort village can be found 55 miles north of Jackson Wyoming on Highway 191/287/89.

Located 55 miles north of Jackson, 82 miles west of Dubois, 45 miles from Old Faithful, 100 miles from Mammoth Hot Spring, and 75 miles from West Yellowstone, Flagg Ranch is truly in the middle of it all.
Call911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 01:56 AM   #22

I towed the beartooth this summer in the rain. It wasn't bad with my rpod 189. It is a smaller trailer, but still has an 8' width axle. Would tow again without blinking an eye. I was more stressed towing in Yellowstone where there is no signal l shoulder and a lot of people. Great drive.

X2 for Perry's rv park. Clean quiet park. Ask for a site in the lower loop so you are away from the river.

Make sure you get wilcoxsen ice cream in Montana. It is the best.
cpttimerstraint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 12:07 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underthedog View Post
Beartooth was no problem, smaller RV though. Great scenery.
What size was your RV? We're thinking about taking the Beartooth out of Yellowstone in our Grey Wolf 22MKSE. We'll be cutting it close though, as we should be leaving Yellowstone around the 14th of October, so I'll be hoping for late snowfall this year!
GravelRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 06:42 AM   #24

We leave in 23 days. Have reservations at Mountain View resort about halfway between Cody and Yellowstone. I can let you know
How that one is. So far the girl
Running it has been awesome
countrywife45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 09:48 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravelRider View Post
What size was your RV? We're thinking about taking the Beartooth out of Yellowstone in our Grey Wolf 22MKSE. We'll be cutting it close though, as we should be leaving Yellowstone around the 14th of October, so I'll be hoping for late snowfall this year!
Beartooth highway closed for the season Sept 23 last year. Better be looking for another way out of the park.

https://www.kpax.com/news/montana-ne...h-highway-open

2016 APEX 215rbk
2016 F-150 4WD 3.55 3.5l ecoboost
jwfrede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 09:50 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwfrede View Post
Beartooth highway closed for the season Sept 23 last year. Better be looking for another way out of the park.

https://www.kpax.com/news/montana-ne...h-highway-open
Yeah, it will be a bonus if we can do it, but we definitely have another route planned, and likely.
GravelRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 10:03 AM   #27

We stayed at a campground/fishing camp with cabins(it had a restaurant that served breakfast and lunch), that was north and west just a bit from West Yellowstone. Campfire Lodge and Resort. It's seasonal. It was about 20 minutes from the west gate.
katkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 06:49 PM   #28

Camping outside Yellowstone

There is a town right outside the west gate called West Yellowstone and there are 3 really nice campgrounds in that town with complete full hookups. Also outside the North Gate the town of Gardner there are 2 full hookup campgrounds. There are no other campgrounds inside Yellowstone with full hookups that I know of and if you have a very big rig you won’t get in them anyhow.
Bobcat304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 07:04 PM   #29

Camping w electric and water near Yellowstone

A couple of years ago we stayed at Flat Rock ID about 20 miles south of West Yellowstone. As I recall, 50 amp electric and water, otherwise very rustic. no showers, vault toilet, rough trail but OK in Sprinter based class B,
National Forest site through recreation.gov.
Bill66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 07:25 PM   #30

We saw Yellowstone and Jackson Hole staying at the Gros Ventre Campground in the Teton National Forest (many years ago) There are 300 sites but only five can be reserved. Ten electric sites available for ADA campers. The rest are first come, first served. 36 sites have electric. Limit of two weeks stay. Some sites can accommodate rigs up to 45 feet. Beautiful area.

The first Europeans to see the area were French traders who arrived in spring when many Native American women were pregnant. They named the local indiginous people the Gros Ventre (big belly) Indians.

https://www.nps.gov/grte/planyourvisit/gros-ventre-campground.htm

2014 Rockwood Signature 8282 Ultra-Lite
2008 RAM 3500 HD DRW Laramie Megacab
6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Grapehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 07:33 PM   #31

camping outside of yellowstone

Hi Jeff say just outside of the East Gate about 20 mikes from fishing bridge there is a RV Park that is called Yellowstone River Inn, they have full hook ups 30-50amps showers fully equipped, very nice lounge as well. Id check it out, Wife and I stayed 2 nights 36Ft 5th wheel, and it was a great pull thru spot, This was just last month, so prices may be different now I don't know.
Check them out Jeff and good luck and safe travels.
RichCamille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 07:39 PM   #32

camping near Yellowstone

we stayed in a KOA in Cody Wy. last year, commuted back and forth, worth considering, beautiful scenery to / from.
tucson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 07:43 PM   #33

Try Headwaters rv park by the south entrance. I just spent two weeks there last month
Livintall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 07:52 PM   #34
Barb

Cooke City camping

Hi, we live in Montana and have camped in cooke city. Their FSA campgrounds do not have electric. I can't think of any commercial RV parks. In yellowstone, Bridge Bay campground has some electric sites for individuals who need it (e.g., cpap, oxygen, etc.) I believe they are open now, but check on the electricity before you make a res. It's a huge campground, over 400 sites. Hubby and I worked maintenance there 10 years ago when we were "youngsters." (we're 75 and 82 now.)

You could always go to West Yellowstone. There are a few RV spots in town, but they're pricey.

Best of luck, and enjoy the Park!
Barbasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 08:14 PM   #35

We visited Yellowstone last year and like the OP we hoped to stay at Fishing Bridge, but they were closed in 2019 for their renovations. So we opted to stay in West Yellowstone just outside the Yellowstone's West Gate at Grizzly RV Park.

It was a great campground and only about 1/2 mile to Yellowstone's West Gate.

Safe Travels.

-Russ
2019 F150 Screw, 6.5 bed, 3.5 Twin Turbo EcoBoost
w/ Trailer Tow Package - Yellow Sticker Payload : 1810 lbs.
RGrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 08:15 PM   #36

The West Gate KOA In West Yellowstone is excellent. Stayed there twice this year
kleatham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 08:16 PM   #37

We stayed at the National Forest Wapiti Campground, between Cody and the East gate. We had an electric site, they have water you can fill the tank and the cleanest vault toilet ever. Very pleasant and 20 miles from the gate.
GypsyTravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 09:33 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwfrede View Post
Yeah, we were in West Yellowstone on Sept 20, 2019 and I was looking forward to towing the Rpod over the Beartooth, but on our exodus day, a foot of snow was predicted. That was a no go.

We opted to go around through Bozeman.

But the Beartooth is my favorite paved road. It is just awesome. We camped near the NE entrance of Yellowstone and saw a grizzly on our campground. We took a pickup camper over the Beartooth on that trip.
poston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 10:01 PM   #39
Commercial Member

Have stayed at North Entrance in Gardner. A lot closer to sights.
.Write a blog on RV tire application RV Tire Safety. 48 years experience as tire design & forensic engineer. My RV Freelander 23QB on Chevy 4500 chassis. Giving seminars on RV Tire applications (not selling)@ FMCA Conventions. Mar 20-22 Tucson AZ
Tireman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 10:08 PM   #40

We stayed at Henry’s Lake State Park in Island Park, Idaho. It’s just a short drive to the gate at West Yellowstone. We drove into the park very day.
2012 Ford F-150 Eco-Boost
2021 Ford F-250 Super Duty
OscarsMom2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping