Old 12-29-2019, 08:26 AM   #1

Casa Grande RV Resort Casa Grande AZ

Anyone ever stayed here? Hubby is retiring in 20, WE are wanting to spend our winter in warmer weather. We are just starting to plan our first witer as snow birds...

bmcevers_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 08:52 AM   #2

We've stayed at Sundance RV in Casa Grande but not the one you mention. There are numerous 55+ parks in the area so I would guess the bigger parks offer similar amenities because of the competition. Sundance1 is really nice and our best friends from our days in the Navy have a park model there.

2016 F350 CC Dually Powerstroke 4x4
2014 Cedar Creek 34RLSA w/Level Up
2007 HD Ultra Classic 103
SlowrideHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 09:51 AM   #3

Looking at Casa Grande RV Resort on the satellite picture and it appears to be not very large and no park model permanent units. It likely does not have as many activities as some of the other parks.

We also stayed at Sundance 1 last winter and it was a nice, clean, well run park with lots of activities every day. They have a dance with a live band almost every weekend plus they do open mike nights. Lots of things to do there.

Alamo Palms is also a very attractive park, it is also a bit more expensive, so take a look at that one as well.

I like to go to the web site for each park and look at their activities calendar and newsletter, it really lets me know what a park has to offer and helps us decide where we want to go.

The city of Casa Grande is pretty nice as well. There is enough shopping to meet almost any one’s needs, and it is only about 40 minutes drive to Scottsdale where there are just about any store you can think of.
Cricket RX5 Golf(?) cart
DougW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 10:11 AM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

We came to Sundance 1 5 years ago as a snowbird and haven't left. After a couple of months we bought a park model and now call this home. There's lot to do with about 60 activities a week to get into with friendly seniors. They just added 40 new RV sites to their 800 plus RV & park model sites. Check it out Sundance1rv.com The park fills up every winter so plan ahead.
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 10:16 AM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcevers_13 View Post
Anyone ever stayed here? Hubby is retiring in 20, WE are wanting to spend our winter in warmer weather. We are just starting to plan our first witer as snow birds...
Nice RV park that is good for all ages.
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 01:59 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcevers_13 View Post
We have stayed at that rv park the last 4 years and are booked again for next March. We enjoy it and have made some friends there. They have social activities. You may have dufficulty getting in tho
Bob Gowryluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 02:19 PM   #7

Casa Grande

We spent a winter in Casa Grande and loved it. We got involved in Country Line Dancing and Lawn Bowling . Several good golf courses are in the area and nice day trips to go exploring. Days are comfortable and nights are very cool once the sun goes down. Try it and we think you will love it.
dufferray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 02:46 PM   #8

Our friends from both Calif and Oregon both spend their winters there, and love it. When our situation changes and we can get away for more than two weeks at a time, we are going to try it.
Blank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 04:10 PM   #9

Another vote for Sundance 1 RV Resort - we're spending our 7th winter here.

Mike and JoAnne
Montana Summer / Arizona Winter
2016 Prism 24G /2002 HitchHiker 38LKTG
ACME EZTowing a 2015 Chevy Sonic RS Hatchback
AudiDudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 04:37 PM   #10

My husband and I spent a week at Casa Grande RV and loved it. Lots activities that we saw. Stain glass classes, silversmith classes, wood working, painting, quilting just a few of many that I saw. Softball games etc. not much of a nightlife person. I like to be in bed at 9:00 but quiet and grounds very clean. 18 hole golf course my husband loved. Many flowers and landscape was beautiful. Stores close by. We loved it and have always wanted to go back. Also there was a permanent unit there for sale so I’m not sure what the other person was talking about. If you’re going to retire stay in each park for 2-4 weeks before choosing what suits you. That’s why I love trailers or motor homes you don’t like it you can hookup and go someplace else. Be Happy & Healthy you earned it ����
alicemerrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 06:54 PM   #11

Agree with alicemerrill. Stayed there 2015, 2016 & 2017. Chose Casa Grande RV Park because it was close to relatives we were visiting. It has all the amenities one would want. Always a good stay there. Enterprise rent-a-car and Ford dealer a block away.
ConcordKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 10:05 PM   #12

Thanks to you all. WE are OCD so reading and researching every park that is a possibility. Any ideas, suggestions, tips or good advise that you can share is greatly appreciated. We are not new to RV'ing, only ew to retirement & Snow Birding.....It is kind scary to walk away from the job after so many years....
bmcevers_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 08:08 PM   #13

We snowbirded at Val Vista RV Resort in Casa Grande several years ago. It was just one of several 55+ resorts we have stayed in order to decide which type of resort, which town, and even which state we preferred. So far we have snowbirded in Casa Grande, Benson, and Tucson; Las Cruces, New Mexico; Ocala/The Villages, Florida; and several places on the Texas Gulf Coast. Right now we are back in Tucson at Rincon Country West RV Resort. This was a place we tried for a week last winter and were so impressed we decided to spend longer this year. We also decided to rent one of their park models instead of staying in our fifth wheel (as we have done other years).

So, you don't have to pick a permanent location your first year. "Try before you buy" is as good advice for snowbird parks as for buying an RV.

"Retirement is the best job I ever had!"
2016 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8244WS 5th Wheel; 2015 Ram 2500 4x4 CC-SB 6.7L CTD
Sold: 2012 Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S
fanrgs is offline   Reply With Quote